March 19, 2024, 07:21:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Firmware 1.4 Pre Release 3  (Read 7048 times)

Philippe

Origin Firmware 1.4 Pre Release 3
« on: June 04, 2012, 09:35:01 pm »
A pre-release 3 of the coming 1.4.0 Origin firmware is available for download at this link:

http://www.arturia.net/filesharing/www/?action=d&id=24897804478889072177382712853

It fixes the crash when the FX3 ON/OFF switch is pressed when the Edit page is not opened, the AUX 1 & 2 send problem, and a 3rd bug I found while debugging the 2nd one, which is that the ON/OFF action was not working on AUX1 and AUX2 effects.

The archive also contains an updated version of Origin Connection for Mac OS X. I fixed some piece of code that could lead to a crash, and I added some debug messages that may give me valuable informations when there's a problem while trying to connect to Origin when Origin Connection is launched.

Please, have a look at this pre-release firmware and report any bug you find to me, this is the only way to get a reliable version at the end.

Have fun.
Origin Lead  Developer

BobTheDog

Re: Origin Firmware 1.4 Pre Release 3
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 09:08:27 am »
Hi Philippe,

Getting the same crash on my mac.

Where is the log and I will send it to you.

Cheers

Andy

Philippe

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 09:33:41 am »
Launch Origin Connection. Then open the menu named "File" and select the entry "Open the Logs folder". It will open a finder window with name "Origin Connection". Compress the whole content of this folder and send it to me.

Thanks.
Origin Lead  Developer

BobTheDog

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 09:41:46 am »
Unfortunately it crashes immediately so I have no chance to pull down a menu.

Do you have the path?

Philippe

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 11:45:27 am »
Here it is:

/Users/<user name>/Library/Origin Connection/

The problem with Lion is that /Users/<user name>/Library is a hidden folder so you first have to tell the finder to show all files. To do that here is what you can do:

1.   Open a Finder window
2.   Open the Utilities folder - a sub folder of /Applications - and search the Terminal application
3.   Open a terminal window
4.   Copy and paste the following line in the terminal:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

6.   Press return
7.   Now hold ‘alt’ on the keyboard and right click on the Finder icon (left of the dock)
8.   Click on Relaunch

You should now be able to see any hidden files or folders. One you are done, perform the steps above however, replace the terminal command in step 4 with:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
Origin Lead  Developer

BobTheDog

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 11:50:13 am »
Here it is
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MacPro:Origin Connection:cat 2012_6_5_11h14.log

Origin Connection 1.4.0 (34800)
May 30 2012 08:42:12

Log started: 5 Jun 2012 11:14:44 am

CPU: GenuineIntel
Speed: 2260
Nb: 16
MMX: 1
SSE: 1
SSE2: 1
3DNow: 0

RAM: 2047 Mbytes

Preset path: /Users/andrewcapon/Documents/Origin Connection/Presets/
App Data path: /Users/andrewcapon/Library/Origin Connection/
Tmp path: /Users/andrewcapon/Library/Caches/Origin Connection/Origin Connection/

Create MidiProxy WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That Ram figure seems a bit strange as well as there is 12GB on this machine.

Philippe

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 12:04:05 pm »
Can you send me an archive of the *whole* folder content?
Origin Lead  Developer

BobTheDog

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 12:20:05 pm »
Yep, whats your email?

ASch

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 03:41:46 pm »
Just installed 1.4.0 PR3 - not had much chance to play with it yet, except to note that I love the new trigger options - thanks very much for putting that tweek in Phillipe!

:D

Andreas

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 07:41:57 pm »
I have had 1.4Pre3 for one day now. (BTW I did not even bother trying to update it with mac, again I did it with PC with no trouble...)

Only thing I've found until now is, that in multi mode editing some MiniMg preset and its MODIFIERS panel, suddenly screen lost its (miniMg template) visual background. It was just a momentary thing and probably just visual problem (though I never had it in 1.3 or before).

Continuing testing... ;)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 07:05:59 pm »
... Maybe related to previous issue:

When using Multi presets, I can see this text more often under blank screen:

../../HighLevel/UIparameter/UIModulesConf.cpp

ASSERT: O (and some symbol that I dont know...)

For example using joystic in 3rd slot in some multipreset seems to do that every time I touch it. EDIT: try selecting presets #353 or #355. I get this "crash" everytime I choose one of those.

This "crash" does not do any serious malfunction, pressing for example Multi-button takes you back to normal view...

Two more things:
#1. Philippe, I understand the reason why we cannot change filter to SEMfilter, but from users point of view it's something that should be fixed. For example if you wanna start with new Standard synth template, it's not very practical to first delete Origin filter module and then import SEMfilter and rewire it again, you know.
#2. Multi FX: Is there any physical knob that can control master FX? If there is, I did not find it? Anyway you cannot route master FX to those assignable knobs, no? IMO now when we have those FXs, we should have live control over them, don't you think?

EDIT: #3. Deleting Multis still does not delete its name.... I also tested deleting Multipresets with Origin Connection app. Same result. In fact names disappeared from the computer screen but no in Origin itself. But when I let Connection refresh its presetslist they came back.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:46:43 pm by JacksonP »

Philippe

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 09:31:48 am »
Thank you JacksonP for this report.

When using Multi presets, I can see this text more often under blank screen:

../../HighLevel/UIparameter/UIModulesConf.cpp

ASSERT: O (and some symbol that I dont know...)

For example using joystic in 3rd slot in some multipreset seems to do that every time I touch it. EDIT: try selecting presets #353 or #355. I get this "crash" everytime I choose one of those.

This "crash" does not do any serious malfunction, pressing for example Multi-button takes you back to normal view...

I'm looking at it right now. At first glance it has no other consequence that displaying those ASSERT messages. Will be fixed soon.

Two more things:
#1. Philippe, I understand the reason why we cannot change filter to SEMfilter, but from users point of view it's something that should be fixed. For example if you wanna start with new Standard synth template, it's not very practical to first delete Origin filter module and then import SEMfilter and rewire it again, you know.

My project manager asked me to estimate the time needed to add the SEMFilter to the CHANGE feature. This time is too long (about 4 days) at the point we are now and the priority is given to bug fixes. So it likely won't be added to the 1.4.0. I'll try to find a shorter way to implement this CHANGE, but no guarantee.

#2. Multi FX: Is there any physical knob that can control master FX? If there is, I did not find it? Anyway you cannot route master FX to those assignable knobs, no? IMO now when we have those FXs, we should have live control over them, don't you think?

Yes I agree. But I've just checked and it is possible to assign a screen encoder to an FX parameter while in MULTI_FX mode.
After some more manipulations I found that there is a bug in the Live page which does not show the encoder assignment to FX in MULTI_FX mode but the parameter is actually modified when you turn the encoder.

EDIT: #3. Deleting Multis still does not delete its name.... I also tested deleting Multipresets with Origin Connection app. Same result. In fact names disappeared from the computer screen but no in Origin itself. But when I let Connection refresh its presetslist they came back.

Yes , I'm aware of this bug. It's not at the top of the list of the bugs to fix. It'll be fixed if I have time.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:43:35 am by Philippe »
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 03:10:59 pm »
Philippe, IMO this "deleting name" -issue should be corrected ASAP, cause it makes multi usage very confusing. Personally I think I won't come back to 1.3 cause this v1.4pre seems to be stable enough for my daily use. Also, I've done some presets which do not probably work with 1.3. When deleting multis, now I have to rename those "empty" multis by hand and it's very annoying...

And I can live without this CHANGE for SEM (at least for a while...)

About assigning multi FX to an encoder: did you try assigning master FX to a physical knob?Because when I tried that it said "Parameter Not Assignable". For example in this MULTI EFFECTS routing view (showing all those AUX and MASTER FXs), I can assing A1 or A2 levels to a screen encoders but no M1 or M2 dry/wet levels. IMO this is a clear bug.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines