March 28, 2024, 05:07:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Has anyone out there actualy receieved their Minibrute yet?  (Read 70694 times)

zedius

Re: Has anyone out there actualy receieved their Minibrute yet?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 11:21:58 pm »
Yes there are potential hidden features. Sysex control of the software editable elements, would be one example. Input method of the arpeggiator would be another. A manual would allow us to put to rest whether velocity affects the minibrute or just external gear hooked up via midi.

stoneskipper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 11:58:13 pm »
I see.  Thanks for that.

jimtheswede

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 01:08:18 am »
Also, I believe the keyboard responds to velocity - and I think it sends via Midi/USB?

Steve Morley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 01:05:40 pm »
Anyone know how many units have been shipped to the UK?

Pre ordered a while ago but it keeps being pushed back and no sensible answer is forthcoming from the retailer. Not even sure if they get 1 at all LOL

jakegetup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 05:04:25 pm »
Same problem. I pre ordered with Dolphin Music and have been told I'm in the first shipment but I think they know as much as we do as all they say is that as soon as they get it they will ship it. One guy even said, after I had explained the release date on the Arturia website, "Well if thats the date they say then thats the date we will get them I suppose."

They dont seem to know very much.

I really would like a minibrute and I'm going to wait another two weeks but if I havent recieved one by then I'm just gunna get a Mopho and Tetra. Price isn't the issue here really. I do want the filter of the minibrute as well as the unique sounding brute factor, metalizer etc. However I have a feeling I would be better off waiting for a few to be sold on ebay and in the meantime just get somthing else.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:06:15 pm by jakegetup »

sporophore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 12:09:51 pm »
Anyone know how many units have been shipped to the UK?

Pre ordered a while ago but it keeps being pushed back and no sensible answer is forthcoming from the retailer. Not even sure if they get 1 at all LOL

Hi steve im in the uk also and I was promised one a few days ago. Obviously this has not materialised and I cant say im not pissed off :-(               
Out of interest who did you order it from Steve?  Anyway I originally bought it as a gift to myself for two years of quitting smoking in april. Yesterday was my birthday and they couldn't even make that date :-(
The fact that in another thread arturia stated they would release the manual a few days before they release the mb smells dodgy to me. I suppose if we dont have it in the next week we will know if they were just stalling again. Suffice it to say that this has got to be the most delayed product in history!! Ha ha :-D and I can guarantee I will never ever purchase anything from arturia again I will go for a proper company next time like one of the established names we know we can trust. If I dont have it in the next week I will be cancelling my preorded (which I have already paid for) and put the money into something else. I have wanted an access virus ti for some time I know its not analog but I have a 101 anyway so hey. At least one good thing is I have 430 quid saved towards the virus. Sorry to be so negative but why say in the first place it would be ready in april and then not be able to deliver? Its very bad business practice from a very shit company who are giving themselves a bad reputation for customer service,who anyone who has been waiting for the mb to be released will know.   

Ruari

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 07:55:12 pm »
I have wanted an access virus ti for some time

I'm going the other way, I've had a Virus for a while but with my present bout of GAS I'm considering getting a minibrute.

I'll be keeping hold of the Virus tho ;)

zedius

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 08:04:53 pm »
Everyone who is having doubts should cancel their predorders and pick up a roland gai sh-01. I’ve heard that it is a capable virtual analog and should be able to emulate the minibrute perfectly.

sporophore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 09:00:44 pm »
I have a gaia sh 01 also and I like it but it still has that digital sound. Also the filter is very different from the minibrute and it does not behave like a mono synth when it is in mono mode. Plus I have intermittent problems with the arpeggiator working. However one thing I will say is when I have a problem roland support get back to me straight away bravo :-D if the minibrute does sound like the gaia I will literally cry cos the gaia is good but nothing like the 101 I have given it a fair test ;-)
https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=297232470322141&id=158445600867496&set=a.297232433655478.74837.158445600867496&__user=100000633337962
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:54:38 pm by sporophore »

Steve Morley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 11:07:10 pm »
I ordered my one from Gear4music as at the time they were the only ones having a due date. As we wanted to use it on our new album on which we are working on currently I thought they might have it earlier then other dealers including our usual one.

I don't have a problem with the odd delay on a new product, that happens. But I do have a problem with the lack of communication and clarity from Arturia and the dealer in question.
I agree that the manual should have been published early on in the process, it would help to establish some sort of trust with potential buyers as this is not an established analog synth company. It's a little bit of a mistery to me why there is a lack of communication.

The main reason I pre ordered a MB was based on the sound, which is different from other analog synths. The price at this stage certainly helps too.

Just hoping the MB will arrive on the promised date now of 13-06...If pushed back again I will question the dealer firmly on their handling of this as well and decide then about keeping or cancelling the order.

lethal_pizzle

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 10:48:23 am »
Can I again urge all those who are appalled at a few weeks delay in something they didn't even know existed a few months ago to cancel their pre-orders. I'll get mine quicker then, ta muchly ;)

sporophore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 12:06:52 pm »
Can I again urge all those who are appalled at a few weeks delay in something they didn't even know existed a few months ago to cancel their pre-orders. I'll get mine quicker then, ta muchly ;)
I have three on pre order pm me and ill sell u one. 800 english pounds ;-)

lethal_pizzle

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 04:29:00 pm »
Heh, well I've survived 35 years without one, reckon I can wait ;) thanks anyway

sporophore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 04:59:33 pm »
Heh, well I've survived 35 years without one, reckon I can wait ;) thanks anyway
No worries man im just kidding anyway ;)
Im just really excited. No way im cancelling my order this late in the game im not that stooopid ha ha
Just heard from my dealer last they heard the brutes were in the boat from china en route to france then they have to go thru quality control so just gotta be patient :-)
Note to self stop trolling the forum man lol :-D

Steve Morley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 10:30:15 pm »
well well well lol

Pushed back to the 18th now - I have a feeling the dealers have no clue and Arturia is not updating them properly.

I don't mind waiting but I do mind being bullshitted by retailers happy to take my money but unable/willing to be upfront. If it is going to be August, just fucking say so..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines