March 19, 2024, 06:46:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Firmware 1.4 Pre Release 8  (Read 9463 times)

Philippe

Origin Firmware 1.4 Pre Release 8
« on: June 14, 2012, 03:34:57 pm »
Hello dear Origin users,

A new pre-release 8 Origin firmware is available for download at the link:

http://www.arturia.net/filesharing/www/?action=d&id=57370521770887996076163186923

Please have a look at this version. I believe it is really near the final release state... but this is what I said for the last public pre-release  ;)

Never mind, the more you test it, the more bugs I fix, the more reliable it will be.

NOTE: it is recommended to use the Origin Connection executables within the archive to perform the update. It contains some fixes which (should) prevent a crash when the number of MIDI devices is too high.

Have fun,

Philippe

KNOWN PROBLEM: if you start your machine and if the loaded preset is a SINGLE, an ASSERT screen will be displayed at the end of the boot for 1 second or so. This ASSERT has no other consequence. I'll fix it - or try to - for the final release.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:36:05 pm by Philippe »
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: Origin Firmware 1.4 Pre Release 8
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 11:52:47 pm »
Hi Philippe and others!

While I am waiting for pre-8-update process to finish, here're some words about the process itself:

Unfortunately it did not go very well. First, based on my earlier problems with mac, I started the update in PC (win7). At quite early stage there was some error message and suggestion to start again. Same time I noticed that Origin Connection did got stucked and I had to use Windows task manager to shut it down. Then, when I tried same again, update did not even start and Connection went down before beginning the process. Then I choosed to try this update in Mac. Unfortunately "same old" problems were there: Origin connection looses to the connection after the boot request and crashes the app (I have had this problem since first 1.4 pre). Now, I restarted the PC/windows and tried once more and update went fine after all.

...more report coming soon...

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 12:17:53 am »
I updated using a PC (Win XP) with the Origin Connection version included in the PR8 download.
The update went fine the fist time.
However, selecting presets #353 or #355 still cause an ASSERT error (non-fatal).

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 03:27:55 pm »
Both ASSERT cases have been fixed. The corrections will be included in the next - hopefully the final - release.
Origin Lead  Developer

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 03:37:24 pm »
no problem updating on my Lion Mac.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 04:55:10 pm »
Hi,

I can confirm that these earlier bugs are now gone:

1. "Deleting and name - EMPTY -". OK now!
2. assigning Multi FX to screen encoder. Seems to be OK now! Although I got one assert (or similar) message when trying to assign all three reverb parameters (as master FX) to different knobs...

(And yes, those assert messages are still there with presets like #353)

Were are close to heaven  ;)

aye_carrrumba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 05:08:04 pm »
no problem loading new the 1.4 on my Lion mac.

seq - loop div factor does not work at all.

aye_carrrumba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 05:14:33 pm »
plus my play/stop button does not light up when starting up, or at all anymore, but it still works.

Philippe

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 06:13:17 pm »
no problem loading new the 1.4 on my Lion mac.

seq - loop div factor does not work at all.
plus my play/stop button does not light up when starting up, or at all anymore, but it still works.

is this on a particular preset (SINGLE and/or MULTI)?
Origin Lead  Developer

aye_carrrumba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 08:49:26 pm »
i pulled out midi equipt, footswitch, and sustain pedal, just to make sure that was not the problem. i tried about 10 different singles and multis. but still no play/stop light, (but it still starts and stops playing) no seq- loop div factor working. i remember they both worked with the previous ver. startup tempo 90. seq auto start = on.

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 09:22:38 pm »
The Play/Stop LED still works fine here.

However, the Seq Loop function does not work anymore.
The sequencer steps LEDS follow the loop, but the audio is still playing the entire pattern!

aye_carrrumba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 10:19:24 pm »
i re-loaded 1.35, and the play/stop light is still out, so maybe it blew out some how, but still starts and stops. but he seq- loop div factor works fine again in this ver. also the startup tempo works with what i set it to now.

Philippe

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 09:52:26 am »
A WARNING FOR THOSE WHO TEST THE PR8.

There's a MULTI preset named “DownTime” within the included “GDarcey_SEM” bank.

This MULTI was saved with an early pre-release version and it is not compatible with the current firmware. So DONT load it, and DONT try to save it.

If the setting "Last Program" is "ON", you may have problems while restarting your machine while such a corrupted preset was loaded. Then try to restart your machine while pressing simultaneously  on keys '0' + '1' + '2' of the preset selection keypad. This will reset all the global settings to their default value, and specifically it resets the "Last Program" to "OFF". Origin will load the multi M1000 at start-up.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:54:24 am by Philippe »
Origin Lead  Developer

Philippe

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 02:31:04 pm »
i re-loaded 1.35, ...... also the startup tempo works with what i set it to now.

I didn't catch this one when I first read your post. Do you mean that you couldn't set the startup tempo?
Origin Lead  Developer

aye_carrrumba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 02:46:52 pm »
yes, that is correct, it always comes up at 120,  in ver 1.4 even  though i changed the setting to 80. now on 1.35 i can set it to whatever, and it works.

also any idea how i lost my play / stop led. it worked fine before i loaded the new ver.1.4 and the reason i went back to 1.35 was to see if the led light would come back, but it is still off. but it works.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines