March 29, 2024, 12:48:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is there a way to Copy Patterns  (Read 1968 times)

kthdrums

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Is there a way to Copy Patterns
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:04:58 pm »
Is there a way to copy one pattern to another so you could make variations on a pattern? For example, if I have a Chorus in 4/4 on A1 and I want to copy it to A2 and then add a snare roll at the end? I'd like to know how to do this on the *hardware* end if possible. Thanks so much in advance.

I have been using the Spark for a couple days now. I like it a lot but the user manual is very poor, and could desperately use a revision including the other 90% missing information.

kthdrums

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Is there a way to Copy Patterns
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:41:26 pm »
SOLVED
----------

Thanks to this thread on GearSlutz.com http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/618646-arturia-spark-questions-tips.html

"Same technique can be used to copy patterns in the circle patterns zone (drag A1 and drop it into A2). Same in the Pattern page you can drag and drop a sequence of a particular instrument into another one (example: drag and drop the bass drum into the snare drum)."

I think a hardware method of this would be a no-brainer feature on a drum machine, especially in the year 2012, but the LEAST Arturia could have done is mentioned it in the manual. If I'm gonna take all the time to be the nerd who actually reads the manual, I hope that when I'm done I actually can take something from it :-)

rodanmusic

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 09:57:53 pm »

kthdrums

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 05:55:30 pm »
Awesome! Great find! I Google+ that article to share it and get it to hopefully show up in the results the next time a goon like me goes searching

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines