March 28, 2024, 01:03:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniBrute Software  (Read 18833 times)

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
MiniBrute Software
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:15:12 am »
Here is the actual GUI for the MiniBrute utility software:
(some earlier preliminary images had been posted but this is the real thing)

This is the Windows version, but of course, there is also a Mac OS version.
Now available for download from:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/minibrute/resources
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:19:42 am by Sean W »

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: MiniBrute Software
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:04:34 am »
Thanks!

I really hope that a future iteration (as in V.2.0) of the Minibrute will be able to fit some of those switches in hardware, like the Audio input and most importantly (to me) the Keyb priority setting and the Module Parameters that in some situations need to be readily available and easily accessible for live performance.

I'm aware that, to fit the price range and schedule, some corners had to be cut, so I'm guessing some of these were it, that's why I'm expressing this towards a possible future revised version of the Minibrute, when, hopefully, scale is able to bring costs down enough to add those extra switches :)

zedius

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:56:17 pm »
Either that, or an iphone app! Or even a sysex spec so I can implement it using midi touch.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 07:07:01 pm »
Either that, or an iphone app! Or even a sysex spec so I can implement it using midi touch.
Well, you can do that already, by "sniffing" the MIDI out (&in) of that app and implement it yourself with a programmable (soft/hard) controller (that's basically what I'm planning to do, temporarily, to overcome that lack of physical switches on the Minibrute)

Easier if there's no Request\Reply dialogue between the app and Minibrute and it's simply CC or SysEx being sent to the MiniBrute.

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 07:51:45 pm »
As I had replied here (http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=5866.0), those features are currently controlled via SysEx over USB.
We don't have a published document yet, but it's coming.
I believe that after the initial handshake upon launching this software, then the commands are sent only one-way to the MiniBrute.
We are looking into adding simpler MIDI messages (CCs or similar) via the MIDI In port, in a future firmware update (which can be done using this MiniBrute Connection software, see the top menu bar), but it would have to be a combination of at least 2 MIDI commands for each parameter.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:45:44 pm »
We are looking into adding simpler MIDI messages (CCs or similar) via the MIDI In port, in a future firmware update (which can be done using this MiniBrute Connection software, see the top menu bar), but it would have to be a combination of at least 2 MIDI commands for each parameter.
That's good to know.
I don't get the dual CC need to set each parameter, since CC is already a 3 byte MIDI msg "B0 <cc> <vv>" so that would be quite enough, IMHO :)

To become even more compatible with existing (configurable) controllers, and given that there's really not many things in Minibrute to control through CC, it could even use 1 CC per Parameter state. Excluding MIDI channel setting, 16 CCs would be enough :)

DBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 04:25:29 am »
As I had replied here (http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=5866.0), those features are currently controlled via SysEx over USB.
We don't have a published document yet, but it's coming.
I believe that after the initial handshake upon launching this software, then the commands are sent only one-way to the MiniBrute.

PLEASE DO !
Legato , LFO retrigger and Note priority are very necessary for Live performance .
BTW I see the Editor comes with a firmware update already ...what's in that update ?

scttcmpbll

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 05:49:31 pm »
I've heard that the Minibrute's arpeggiator doesn't send midi notes
A. Is this true?
B. Is this something that could be added in a firmware update down the line?

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 06:12:38 pm »
Correct, the Arpeggiator does not send MIDI Notes (the MIDI Notes sent are the keys that are played on the keyboard).
However, it does send CV/Gate.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-RvrOowQo

I'll check with R&D the possibility of a future firmware update with the option of sending arpeggiated MIDI.

natallica

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 12:42:20 am »
What would be great to add is a "state capture" feature that would grab the state of all of the knobs, sliders and switches for a type of patch librarian. 

I don't even need to be able to send patches back to the Brute, but let me capture my patches into the software and then be able to recreate them manually.

It could be as simple as a text file showing me parameter settings or (what would be super cool) is it displaying a virtual patch sheet with the settings!

zedius

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 01:42:54 am »
I think that's just not possible because there would need to be an A/D converter or something reading each knob. I'm quite sure that's not present on this synth. I'm going to use my iphone to do nearly the same thing though.

natallica

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 05:14:31 am »
Yup.  I wish there was an app that would let me take an iPhone photo and have it converted to an easy to read patch sheet!

Maybe they can give us patch dump capability in the PolyBrute?  I'll pre-order now!   :D

zerocrossing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 07:57:17 pm »
I'm running Vista 64 and while the editor works for basic configuration, it won't update the firmware.  It just hangs on 0% Downloaded forever.  Installed it on a Macbook and it worked instantly.  Both are on the same home network.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines