March 28, 2024, 09:08:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniMg V original-LFO question  (Read 5331 times)

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
MiniMg V original-LFO question
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:11:57 am »
I've been checking out the MiniMg V Original that I got in the free download....it's great and I'm very excited to have it.  I'm trying to replicate a patch played in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8pnq7dkyg0

I got pretty close but what's baffling me is that Fletch is playing the Mg using the LFO(This is an original Model D) in the higher octaves yet the bass sound is low and yet so punchy and fat.  I can't seem to program the sound and play it up in that register.  Is there some sort of keyboard scaling I'm missing?

Any help or info would be great! :)
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Re: MiniMg V original-LFO question
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 07:28:57 pm »
Wow 80 views and not a single opinion on the matter... :-\ ::).  All I really want to know is whether the 3rd Osc can be used as an LFO?  I'm guessing that it can"t because the full version has the extra LFO in the open-up effects section....except that would mean that the Original is not "just like the original model D" as advertised.  Still I'm not sure yet as I'm still trying to figure it out.
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2

oldlibmike

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 04:31:26 pm »
I actually have the full version, but I think if you google a MiniMg on Youtube, you'll find plenty of tutorials on the base system - they did a pretty good job of emulating the hardware controls. I think the 3rd oscillator as lfo needs the Mod Wheel to be used to control its rate.

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:52:28 pm »
I just upgraded to the full collection and just found out that with having the full version of the Mini V I can no longer use the Mini Original....it deletes it right off the computer so I can't try this with the Original...oh well.  ::)

But I figured out how this works on the MiniV using Osc 3.  Turn on Osc Mod, Set Osc3 Range to Lo Mono, Use the Osc3 right click to control speed, select waveform, then turn Osc3 off in the mixer to eliminate beating, use modwheel to adjust amount.  I still cant recreate that exact sound though using OSC 3 it ends up being Boingy and not forcefull enough.

I managed to do it using the added LFO though.  There's some hidden secret to this.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:46:05 am by Gothboy »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines