March 29, 2024, 04:16:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: STILL NO HOLD PEDAL in logic pro. Come on Arturia!!!!  (Read 9679 times)

kim olesen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
STILL NO HOLD PEDAL in logic pro. Come on Arturia!!!!
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:39:19 pm »
How can a company that makes synth emulations not have the hold pedal working?
Synths where the hold pedal does NOT work are:
CS 80v
JUPITER

On PROPHET 5v it works only if the hold pedal is pressed BEFORE the notes are pressed on the keyboard. Correct behavior is when it ALSO works when pressed while the notes are held.
How can a company like this NOT know the correct behavior of a hold pedal.

Logic pro 9. Latest version
Snow leopard
32 bit
Latest versions of V collection synths. (Meaning the versions that were put up just a few days ago)

kevaquarian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: STILL NO HOLD PEDAL in logic pro. Come on Arturia!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:46:25 pm »
How can a company that makes synth emulations not have the hold pedal working?
Synths where the hold pedal does NOT work are:
CS 80v
JUPITER

On PROPHET 5v it works only if the hold pedal is pressed BEFORE the notes are pressed on the keyboard. Correct behavior is when it ALSO works when pressed while the notes are held.
How can a company like this NOT know the correct behavior of a hold pedal.

Logic pro 9. Latest version
Snow leopard
32 bit
Latest versions of V collection synths. (Meaning the versions that were put up just a few days ago)

Hmmm... I am told that this topic "hasn't had a reply for at least 120 days" - what does that say for Arturia's customer support?

Can some one from Arturia please address this issue?

kevaquarian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:02:23 pm »
Having looked into this a bit more, I cannot seem to make out what the EXACT combination of switches/parameters is to RELIABLY get the sustain pedal to work predictably - can some kind and generous CS80v user help us out here please? Thanks!

DenE2

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 09:00:47 pm »
Having looked into this a bit more, I cannot seem to make out what the EXACT combination of switches/parameters is to RELIABLY get the sustain pedal to work predictably - can some kind and generous CS80v user help us out here please? Thanks!

Friends, has anyone figured out how to use the sustain pedal? Same issue, working on Logic Pro 9. Would be extremely grateful for advice as without sustain I cannot properly use it.

kevaquarian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 09:13:06 pm »

Friends, has anyone figured out how to use the sustain pedal? Same issue, working on Logic Pro 9. Would be extremely grateful for advice as without sustain I cannot properly use it.

Nearly a whole YEAR and no reply from Arturia about this cire issue with their VIs??????????????

DenE2

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »

Nearly a whole YEAR and no reply from Arturia about this cire issue with their VIs??????????????

Guys, looks like I came across a sequence!

1) turn on "sust mode" (3rd knob from the left in the lower left corner) and move the slider above it to the top of the scale (where it says "LONG"
2) turn on sustain (first knob from the left in the same corner)
3) select "exp" (expression pedal) above it
4) disselect "exp"

Voila!

I accompanied every step with playing the keyboard, but that probably does not matter.

kevaquarian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 10:13:04 pm »

Guys, looks like I came across a sequence!

1) turn on "sust mode" (3rd knob from the left in the lower left corner) and move the slider above it to the top of the scale (where it says "LONG"
2) turn on sustain (first knob from the left in the same corner)
3) select "exp" (expression pedal) above it
4) disselect "exp"

Voila!

I accompanied every step with playing the keyboard, but that probably does not matter.

Thanks for this - I'll try it next time I'm with the CS80v   ;)

looneytunes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 01:58:33 am »
I find this frustrating as well.  I've tried the above method - to no avail.

Surely, there must be a way to add a simple option (like Prophet V) to hold envelopes at peak in the presence of sustain pedal (CC64)?

As I've posted in other topics, this is quite noticeable when layering instruments with inconsistent cc64 support in Analog LAb.

Thanks for listening!
Kevin L

LBH

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 12:36:34 am »
I don't use logic.
But using the sustain pedal for CS-80 is a part of the preset settings.

To use the sustain pedal do this:
1. switch on the sustain switch. It's the one in the low left corner.
2. Drag the yellow sustain lenght slider in the same section upwards to a wanted amount. It can be set from short to long.
3. Set the sustain mode switch just under the above slider to the wanted sustain mode. You can select the a normal piano mode or a mode where only the last note is sustained if you don't play legato.

The effect is also depended on other sound settings.

Hope this help you.

feilertsen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Captain Walker
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 04:04:45 am »
I keep this helpful document bookmarked.
It lists the correct procedure for using a sustain pedal with the V-Coll4 synths.
Not sure it helps in this case, but it's good to have around as the synths all get working sustain pedals a little differently.
http://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/how-works-sustain-pedal-on-v-collection-4-synthetizers

-Fred

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines