March 28, 2024, 09:17:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: STILL NO HOLD PEDAL in logic pro. Come on Arturia!!!!  (Read 8174 times)

kim olesen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
STILL NO HOLD PEDAL in logic pro. Come on Arturia!!!!
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:41:31 pm »
How can a company that makes synth emulations not have the hold pedal working?
Synths where the hold pedal does NOT work are:
CS 80v
JUPITER

On PROPHET 5v it works only if the hold pedal is pressed BEFORE the notes are pressed on the keyboard. Correct behavior is when it ALSO works when pressed while the notes are held.
How can a company like this NOT know the correct behavior of a hold pedal.

Logic pro 9. Latest version
Snow leopard
32 bit
Latest versions of V collection synths. (Meaning the versions that were put up just a few days ago)

rbocquier

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: STILL NO HOLD PEDAL in logic pro. Come on Arturia!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:23:17 pm »
Hi Kim,

For CS-80V, there are three settings that affect sustain that are wrongly set for some presets, leading to think that sustain isn't working properly.
Those settings are located in the left bottom part, and are:
  • Sustain Time yellow slider that is often set to a very short time
  • Sust switch, merely placed in parallel with sustain pedal
  • Sust Mode switch

This is not fancy stuff from Arturia, this have been modeled after the real CS-80.

For Jupiter-8V, the sustain pedal *does* work, but it could have been programmed out.
There are two light blue buttons on the UI labeled HOLD and LOW UP (for the lower and upper parts) that drive the sustain.
One or both of them has to be assigned to the sustain pedal in order for the sustain to work.
The supplied configuration "Analog Experience Keyboards" is configured properly for that matter: select it using the drop down menu next to MIDI LEARN in the toolbar.
Then the LED within the LOW/UP HOLD buttons should lit as soon as you press the sustain pedal.

About the Prophet, thank you for letting us know about this un-noticed problem to date.
Robert
Arturia team

kim olesen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 05:59:01 pm »
Thanks for your reply. Why would you program hold out? The original patches on the real Jupiter 8 almost never had this (if any). Others are experiencing random behavior too with hold on the Jupiter 8.

I had the 60 something key Analog lab version. That certainly was NOT configured for this. It had the exact same problems with hold as when i use my Roland jv30. And the upper lower switch didn't work, the display became unreadable when tweaking certain parameters. Add to that that when releasing the keys fast they would double trigger or sometimes tripple trigger.

The Analog Lab software downgraded my v-collection and broke functionallity. It could not link the v-collection guis to the analog lab software.

Maybe these issues has been corrected in firmware updates and software updates but i returned the keyboard and Analog Lab to the store.

Oh and btw. Several of the v-collection synths arpegiators does NOT sync to host tempo. This should not even be an issue in a version 2,5x release.

Nip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 08:20:44 am »
Well, being in contact with support now they knew nothing about Prophet issue.

And even posting a support ticket in Sept 2012 on this - it remains and no updates for Prophet were made.

Both for playing, and working in a daw this is real problem.
Often sending same midi clips to several synths in unison - behavior becomes very different and notes are not sounding as they should

You should really fix this pronto since it's delayed for so long.

Thank you.

kevaquarian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 08:44:29 pm »
How can a company that makes synth emulations not have the hold pedal working?
Synths where the hold pedal does NOT work are:
CS 80v
JUPITER

On PROPHET 5v it works only if the hold pedal is pressed BEFORE the notes are pressed on the keyboard. Correct behavior is when it ALSO works when pressed while the notes are held.
How can a company like this NOT know the correct behavior of a hold pedal.

Logic pro 9. Latest version
Snow leopard
32 bit
Latest versions of V collection synths. (Meaning the versions that were put up just a few days ago)

Hmmm... I'm just running through presets and editing/getting to know this synth - great sounds and potential - BUT, as is stated above, what is the story with the sustain pedal???

Arturia, please enlighten me? Thanks.

Logic 9.1.8 64-bit mode, Snow leopard 10.6.8, Mac Pro 8 core

emmanuel.segard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 08:37:59 pm »
Hi,

I just updated Prophet-V2 to :
2.5.3 32-bit v35437P (Jul 3 2012 / 17:13:47).
Does a more recent version exist ?

The hold pedal still doesn't work and causes bugs :
- Press a key on the MIDI keyboard, then press the hold pedal, then release the key => the sound stops ;
- Press the hold pedal, press keys on the keyboards, then release the keys => sound doesn't stop but there are clicks in the sound
- Sometimes notes are not played or delayed when you use the pedal (it happened to me only once) !!!

Can you please fix this really boring issue ?

PS:
"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."
For sure, why should I create a new topic since this one is STILL not solved ?!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines