March 19, 2024, 04:52:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Where is the location for presets?  (Read 18966 times)

arnix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Where is the location for presets?
« on: July 13, 2012, 01:02:10 pm »
Some presets for my SEM I found at ProgramData (Windows) but for MiniMg there are no presets, also my own created are not there. It's seem they are stored in a different place or are not directly available (stored in something like a database?)

Where is the location for own created presets eg. for the MiniMg?

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Re: Where is the location for presets?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 04:25:29 pm »
All the presets for the synths before Jupiter-8V are stored in the program folder (ProgramFiles). Jupiter-8V and all the synths that where released later have the presets stored in the application data folder (ProgramData). Till Jupiter-8V the presets folder is named "save". P is the project, B is the bank and I is the instrument or preset (before Jupiter-8V). Finding your user presets is somewhat difficult and you should always use the preset export to back-up the user presets.

If you uninstall one of the synths, all the projects (presets) that where not part of the factory presets (installed during setup), are left on your hard drive.

arnix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 04:37:35 pm »
Thanks, it's a nice hint!
The problem with the import/export is, that importing a entry twice will generate a new library entry with a appended number (my_presets0).
This is also bad with sharing presets, there is not a simple "Import the preset into the actual library".

@Arturia
Maybe it needs some improvements with the import so it it will be merged with a existing library entry?

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »
If you imported a project twice, you have to load one of the presets of the project, click on the drop-down-menu for the projects and choose "Delete Project" to remove the project from the list and your hard drive!

Deleting the project folder manually can cause a lot of trouble if it's not the last one!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines