March 29, 2024, 08:46:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: First look at MMV2.0 -- ups and downs  (Read 5414 times)

Meffy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Just a skunk
First look at MMV2.0 -- ups and downs
« on: August 25, 2004, 02:44:02 pm »
[Note: As posters will have noticed, the forum software is misbehaving badly, apparently a database error involving full-text search capability. I apologize if this is a double post.]

Well, I've downloaded and installed MMV2.0, and have mixed results to report. I'll be interested to hear from others... let's compare notes.

The new modules look fantastic! Everything I'd hoped for and even more. I like the option to choose modules for each slot in the second row; that's really nice and I didn't expect it.

Unfortunately, on my machine mouse response is VERY slow -- I have to click on a knob and hold the mouse button down for several seconds before the tooltip appears and rotation is visible. During that time, the program appears to be locked (cables don't move when the mouse goes near, for instance), then it comes alive again. As much as I love this version, I can't really use it like this.

Maybe it's because I'm running on an old P4 1.7GHz -- is that too slow a machine to run MMV2.0? CPU usage seems reasonably low, and I can play complex sounds without breaking up. I wouldn't think knob-twisting would cause trouble.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

The scrollable view is okay... but it still can't be stretched to fit the full height of the display. I thought the idea was to be able to see more onscreen at one time! Please, without the ability to make the window higher scrolling doesn't do much good. :-)

Other than those two items, this looks fantastic. If I can get around the slow response problem, MMV2.0 is going to be even more amazing and useful to me than the first version was.

A thousand thanks to the Arturia team for this great upgrade!

Meffy

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines