so before i reply i get
"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."
this thread is 1.5 years old....
AND STILL NO LOCAL ON/OFF.
really...what gives? just release a quick firmware update that ONLY ADDS THIS. no one is begging for an entire overhaul of the firmware, just tweaks and this isn't even a "feature" it's an expected standard.
microbrute...beatstep...imini...isem...keylab series...the upcoming spark 2....all done in the meantime, and yet somehow there has been no way to add this feature? even as say a V188.8.131.52 or something...no big deal.
to turn on and off, i suggest this:
1. hold "UP" and "DOWN" octave buttons for 3 seconds
2. octave light blinks to signal you have entered local off mode
3. light continues to blink (say 1 time per 5-10 seconds) so that the user won't forget that they are in local off and that's why their keys are not working
4. hold "UP" and "DOWN" octave buttons for 3 seconds, lights blink in a unique patten (say sequentially from -2 -> +2) to signal local on is engaged
5. no blinking in local on mode.
also, to "idiot proof" it, the synth should always by default start in local on...so that turning it on/off would fix it if someone couldn't figure out why the keys didn't work.
i probably would've bought the microbrute by now, and also be planning on buying the beatstep as well...but i feel abandoned. it's not like users just started asking for this feature...
it's been a year and a half.