March 28, 2024, 04:44:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is Local Off supported on the MiniBrute?  (Read 34479 times)

Dignus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Is Local Off supported on the MiniBrute?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 06:34:56 am »
Another vote for this! The MIDIpal could be a great expander for the minibrute if we had local off. Standard feature!

GW

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 02:25:11 am »
Another vote here too.  I'd like to put MIDI processors in line with the keyboard data. :)

rove

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 10:00:22 am »
+1

jaytee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 12:57:13 am »
FWIW, this is my number one feature request for the next update. Why include controller-only features (like the velocity sensitive keyboard in a non-velocity-sensitive synth) if it can't be used as a proper controller? I'd love to be able to control what I need to without plugging or unplugging to cut internal sounds.

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 08:24:33 am »
Why include controller-only features (like the velocity sensitive keyboard in a non-velocity-sensitive synth) if it can't be used as a proper controller?

I'm feelin you, but I think Bruno and the Arturia loyal fanboys here will tell you that the Minibrute has 'Alternative' DAW controller features and that it 100% can be used as a DAW controller (just not at the same time as using it as a synthesizer).

They will also tell you to be patient, stop complaining and remind you that it is being considered in a Firmware update (even though the start date of this thread is July 2012).

The Minibrute is a nice synth and some may call it 'quirky', but if you read through the forum threads you can see the amateurish way this synth has been designed/built. Lots of manufacturing/quality issues, a number of questionable design decisions and a few glaring errors.

I bet the Novation Bass Station 2 has midi local on/off!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:26:21 am by jooechip »

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 10:03:19 am »
i bet the novation bass station 2 sounds like shit

source? every single demo video thus far

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 02:38:51 am »
i bet the novation bass station 2 sounds like shit

source? every single demo video thus far

And thus proving my point above about the 'Arturia fanboys'.

How the Novation Bass Station 2 'sounds' is besides the point. Fact is it will have midi local on/off from day one.

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 06:51:30 am »
i'm not an arturia fanboy? i just have ears that can tell what's good and what's bad...

i 100"% agree that the minibrute needs local on/off, but i much rather have that missing than a synth that has this as an official demo:

https://soundcloud.com/cdm/bassstationsamples-5/

eelco

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 05:58:51 pm »
+1 ... just to keep the (gentle) pressure on  ;)

InvisibleAcropolis

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 06:59:31 pm »
I am wondering how long we will have to wait for Arturia to "consider" this absolutely essential DAW-control feature?  It has been quite a while since the last system update, about 8 months. 

Is there any more word on this or have we hit a stone wall of customer support here?  IMHO, this is upsetting.

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 12:22:16 am »
yeah considering how they are usually really on top of things on the forums, why are they willingly ignoring this? if it's just not possible with the hardware or firmware, then fine just tell us. but if it is then why not just let us know yes / no if it's going to be put in?

this is under "details" on minibrute page "MIDI In/Out : Sequence MiniBrute from your computer’s MIDI interface and DAW, or any other MIDI-Out enabled gear you have. Alternatively use MiniBrute as a master keyboard for your DAW or other MIDI-enabled equipment."

really a pain to use it as a master keyboard without the local on/off feature imho, and a bit deceptive...

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 06:42:02 am »
Said this earlier in this read already, but the gist of the problem is this...

If you read through the forum threads you can see the amateurish way the Minibrute has been designed and built. Lots of manufacturing/quality issues, a number of questionable design decisions and a few glaring errors.

The missing local on/off mode is a huge error, but the lack of controls on the digital side of the synth make it really tough for them to include local on/off in a way that:
a) is easy for the user to implement
b) won't result in less experienced synth users thinking their Minibrute is broken when in local off mode, which would then result in Arturia getting lots of false repair queries

They really screwed the pooch on this one, that's why I suspect Bruno is keeping very quiet

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 05:38:49 pm »

If you read through the forum threads you can see the amateurish way the Minibrute has been designed and built. Lots of manufacturing/quality issues, a number of questionable design decisions and a few glaring errors.

I don't think that looking at the forum topics is a fair way of assessing quality.
There are naturally going to be maybe a majority of the threads about issues with the synth, because people will post here when they have a problem.  You don't post something every time something works as it should.
Yes, it's not the best built synth ever, but you get what you pay for, and I think this is a powerful synth for its low price.

tertior

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013, 08:08:43 pm »

The MiniBrute is intended to be a synth, then  it's a bonus the more . It is not meant to be a midi keyboard.
We must take things for what they are and ignore the "marketing" and you'll see that life becomes much more enjoyable as well.
Ok I spells
Ps: Bruno has heard for the local off; turn down the level volume  :P

French humor  8)

bafonso

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2013, 02:48:39 am »
This would be a very nice addition to the MB. It's ok if it's not going to be implemented but please tell the users so they can look for alternative midi routing setups. Having people Invest in midi routing and then getting it on a firmware one week later would not be kosher...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines