March 28, 2024, 10:26:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Best way to attach a strap to Minibrute  (Read 5666 times)

17hex

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Best way to attach a strap to Minibrute
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:03:11 pm »
At 8.8 lbs, the minibrute weights about 1 pound less than the average Les Paul guitar.  This makes it PERFECT to wear onstage.  I currently wear and play an cheap m-audio Oxygen controller, but the Minibrute would be WAY more worth wearing around.  On the other hand, I have no qualms about screwing strap-locks right onto the Oxygen, but would be REALLY hesitant to screw into the sides of the Minibrute. 

Any suggestions (from Arturia staff?) about the best way to be able to WEAR the Minibrute?

thanks!

--17hex

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Best way to attach a strap to Minibrute
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 02:43:09 pm »
If we had a minibrute I could tell you.
Do you have one ?
Release date april 2012.
I'm still waiting.
If you f*ck the minibrute up your warranty will be gone .
Just buy a keyboard stand and act normal.
If you want to do crazy with it just open the brute factor.
Please Arturia ,bring it to the shops.
Hire more people and make them work as a slave non stop around the clock.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:26:46 pm »

Hire more people and make them work as a slave non stop around the clock.

maybe arturia could send us spare parts so that we build it ourselves  ;D

17hex

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 06:54:49 pm »
Filip: This was actually more directed at Arturia staff.  I don't have a Minibrute yet as the current release date (according to Guitar Center's website) is 5/21.  On most synthesizers with "sides" (instead of the fit-together top/bottom design which got popular in the 80's and 90's), it is simple enough to safely take the sides off from the inside of the case (usually just 2 or 3 screws) without even going near any of the electronics.  I'd just cut "duplicate" sides to the exact same dimensions, and then attach straplocks onto the sides i made.  The originals would go in a safe place so that i could always put it back to "all original parts".

I was just hoping someone at Arturia could comment on if this is indeed the case with minibrute (instead of the screws that hold the sides on being from the outside and then countersunk and puttied/sanded over, thus making it impossible to safely remove the sides without damaging them), or if they had actually thought about a strap already and either made or designed alternate sides or some other strap mounting system.

Bottom line is that for small keyboards like this, stands are just a lot less fun (especially when you're trying to sing at the same time) than being able to stand and move around.

Thanks for reading anyway :)

--17hex

KAO99

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 08:53:39 pm »
I have often thought about doing something like this with my keyboards. But would it not look a bit awkward with a 25 key keyboard? I just think that it'd look more fitting if the length of the keyboard was at least twice the width of you.
Or maybe I'm influenced too much by Edgar Winter? ;D

17hex

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:37:24 pm »
Well, I currently wear an Oxygen25 controller on a strap onstage, and although I can't speak to how "awkward" it looks (since I'm the one wearing it), we've played multiple shows with it and had people tell me that they liked that i played synth out from behind a keyboard stand and could dance around, etc (we play electronic/industrial so maybe it just works for our style of music?).

In terms of "useability" it is really great, because (since it is so short) i can just sort of "spin" it around to behind my back when i'm NOT playing it and it's not in the way at all.  Like i said i can't speak for how it looks (though I GUARANTEE that the minibrute would look 100x cooler than the cheap Oxygen USB controller), but actually playing it like that is nice as long as you have the strap set to the correct length.  I usually wear mine over my belt buckle so my arms are in a somewhat natural position to play keys and still tweak knobs, etc.   A big part of what I use my synth for is to be the "formant" for my Vocoder (an Electrix Warp Factory), so being able to tweak while i sing and play makes for WAY more dynamic sounding vocals. 

Like I said, at least it works for me!  I am super excited for how much better the vocoder will sound with a real analogue synth like the Minibrute as the formant!  Now they just need to ship our pre-orders ;-)

17hex

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 06:17:28 pm »
Well, now that i have my minibrute, I'm of course a chicken and very reluctant to modify my favorite new synthesizer! :) I have thought of a few options (i envison a gothy/S&M-looking leather harness..) but I would still LOVE to hear from Arturia if there's any other way to do this which won't involve drilling or otherwise altering part of the 'brute.

thanks

--jason

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 09:54:36 am »
Well, now that i have my minibrute, I'm of course a chicken and very reluctant to modify my favorite new synthesizer!
Don't you find it a little heavy to wonder around with it on stage?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines