March 19, 2024, 09:09:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What's the point of Analogue Laboratory?  (Read 3163 times)

Nuboy

What's the point of Analogue Laboratory?
« on: August 02, 2012, 12:56:24 am »
Hi there,

I have the V collection. What's the point of using Analogue Laboratory? Why not just load the original synths? What advantage do you gain from accessing them through A.L?

Seems like a complete waste of time; am I missing something?

JDoo

• Beta-testers
Re: What's the point of Analogue Laboratory?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 01:19:06 am »
There are a few reasons i can think of for using Analogue Laboratory, with the full V-Collection, off the top of my head.
 - If you play live, there is the "Scene Mode" where you can setup Patches, etc..
 - If you want to quickly find a preset - the Laboratory has all the sounds indexed.. so you can drill down to patches based on Instrument and Characteristics.
 - You can then set "Favorites".  Which, get you quick links to the sounds you like (from within the Laboratory).

That said -- I find little use for Laboratory outside of auditioning sounds / seeing what is available.  I have been mapping my 'favorites' into Logic templates.  I have also mapped the equivalent 'scenes' into MainStage 'Concerts'.

aaron aardvark

Re: What's the point of Analogue Laboratory?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 04:21:23 am »
There are a lot of factory patches in Analog Laboratory that do not come with the V-Collection (for V-2 at least, not sure about V-3).  Plus, unless you own the V-Collection 3, Analog Laboratory (version 1.5) comes with Oberheim SEM-V and Wurlitzer patches, which the V-Collection 2 doesn't have at all.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:24:20 am by aaron aardvark »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines