March 19, 2024, 07:44:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tremelo problem WTF!  (Read 3434 times)

novos

Tremelo problem WTF!
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:18:11 pm »
Hello all,

I received my Minibrute in August. I've had a couple of problems since getting it. The LFO on the Amp aka Tremolo is not working.
When I release my finger from the keys, it continues to sustain. I teach synthesis at MI in hollywood so I like to think I know what I'm doing. I wrote to arturia in August, but no response. I also never received the preset sheets. They were not in the box for some reason. I been talking to guitar center about this, but they never get back to me.

I purchased the extended warranty through guitar center because I've had problems with Arturia hardware in the past and I almost expected this to happen.

Please help!!!

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

tomeso

• Beta-testers
Re: Tremelo problem WTF!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:41:54 pm »
Hi,

although the MiniBrute behaves differently from other synths, this is not a bug, it's a feature.  ;)
I think that this special VCA behavior has been discussed by Bruno in this thread:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=7044.msg23874#msg23874
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

novos

Re: Tremelo problem WTF!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:54:13 am »
hmmm....

That's so weird that this is a feature. Would like to understand the logic behind this design.
The Amp LFO keeps playing the note even though there is NO release on the Amp ADSR. It will be impossible to perform a clean synth line using this LFO if the note is still ringing out.

That's good that it is not faulty.

thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines