March 28, 2024, 02:52:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Oberheimer error causes Pro-Tools not to start up  (Read 2414 times)

TechNAB76

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Oberheimer error causes Pro-Tools not to start up
« on: August 16, 2012, 06:19:11 pm »
Hello everyone.

Today I bought a new piece of software called Pro Tools 9 and everything from the installation to the update of the software went without a problem, though each time I want to start-up, it holds with a message from the Elicencer with text that says something's wrong with an Oberheimer Sem V???? I don't have an Oberheimer SEM V and have never installed it. Also within the ELicencer it doesn't show within the list of software that is being used by the Elicencer.

I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

TechNAB76

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Oberheimer error causes Pro-Tools not to start up
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:15:48 pm »
After also requesting help on the AVID Pro Tools Forum, one user advised me to remove Pro-Tools, then check the entire system for this Oberheimer software and then reinstall Pro Tools.

So with allot of hope I thought that that might solve my problem, but once more the Elicencer is throwing a spanner in the works... again.  :'(

I do realise that software needs to be secured against software hackers, thiefs and pirates, but I have to say that with all the software that I've got in my studio, Korg, Yamaha, Propellerheads Reason and Record, Sequel 2 and cubase... I've never ever had so many problems with a license tool as with the Elicencer. I'm deeply dissapointed in this software.

I need help A.S.A.P. cause I can't work now with my Pro Tools.

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 04:54:15 pm »
I hope that you have already solved this, but since no one has responded in so long,

I suggest downloading the demo version of SEM and see if that gets you past the error?
(At least it might buy some time until the demo license expires, but hopefully it will change the software "flow" permanently and bypass the error.)
Cheers, Zip

Dav1d

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 09:30:45 am »
It will be interesting to know these files are still in the directory:
==> /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/PlugIns/Oberheim SEM V.dpm
Or even in this directory:
==> /Library/Arturia/Oberheim SEM V/Oberheim SEM V.vst
 :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines