March 28, 2024, 03:36:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Controller will not connect as plugin in live 8.3. No "spark private midi ports"  (Read 1779 times)

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi there,
Controller connects fine in standlone mode. All hardware and software was updated to latest recently after recent new purchase.
I have read th manual pages 75 and 76. It says to turn off the private midi ports but i dont see anything spark related in my ableton midi prefs!!??
Strangly i have had it connect a couple of times out of about 50 attempts, so it could do it.
Can anybody help please  :'(
Cheers
D

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Hi,
I guess you are running Windows XP?
If so, Spark controller is not correctly named (it shoul be something like "USB Audio Device".
To get the correct name you have to follow the instructions in the manual related to the driver installation, section 2.1 WINDOWS INSTALLATION (7/XP/VISTA).

I attached the driver file, just in case.
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thanks kevin,
My appols for vague explanation. Yes xp.
I will follow your instructions tonight when i will get a chance.
Thanks again
Cheers
D :)

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
That fixed it. Thankyou.
This is what happened
Once i had uninstalled the associated USB driver on the port, plugging back in, getting the "found new hardware" message and installing the driver from the installation cd was easy.
Then the ports showed in ableton, they were then switched off, and bingo pure spark heaven in Ableton.
Thanks again
;D

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Glad to read this.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines