March 28, 2024, 07:33:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LFO midi clock sync  (Read 7927 times)

mossy

LFO midi clock sync
« on: September 14, 2012, 02:09:08 pm »
I emailed arturia but got no reply to this question so I'm really hoping someone can answer my question here. I need to know if the LFO rate on the minibrute can sync to the midi clock at various clock divides without having the arpeggiator running too.
I read that the LFO rate can sync to the arp which in turn syncs to the midiclock. This is cool but I wanna use a synced LFO without the arpeggiator... is this possible? ???

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: LFO midi clock sync
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:30 pm »
Hi
I never received your e-mail, did you sent it at the support desk? when was it?
anyway, if the arp switch is in Off position, Lfo clock will be synced even if the Arp is not running
But it's not possible to have a Midi synced LFO and a free running Arp.

Bruno
Arturia Hardware

mossy

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 02:38:52 pm »
thanks alot. I couldn't send my email to the support desk because I think you need a product registered. I havn't bought it yet because I needed to find out this info first. I sent my email to general enquiries I think.
Just one more question. Is it possible to easily switch between different synced LFO rates? Like the arpeggiator has a step knob to choose 1/4, 1/8 etc. Can you also do this with the midi synced LFO rate?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 02:48:52 pm »
When a midi clock is received, and LFO is in Arp clcok mode, turning LFO rate knob allows you divide or multiply the rate by 1, 2 or 4.

so if your midi clock is at 60 BMP, you can run the LFO at 15, 30, 60, 120 or 240 cycles per minutes.

If you want some more details, you should really take a look at the user manual, it's very well written (better that I could ;)), and very exhaustive.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/minibrute/resources.html

You will find a chapter about Midi sync
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines