March 19, 2024, 04:02:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Improvements!  (Read 163124 times)

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
Spark Improvements!
« on: October 17, 2012, 10:07:35 am »
In this topic I collect all the users improvements and suggestions about the Spark Software and Hardware!
Everyone can join by reply to this message, I'll add all in the first topic! You can also post an image or a video to show us your idea!

1: Make the grid resizeable whitout change the tempo (here it is a short video to demonstrate this issues):
    Spark Grid Resolution Resize Problem

2: Add other effect slots per channel and another 2 sends (accessible in the controller whit):
   Shift + Send1===>Send 3
   Shift + Send2===>Send 4

3: Make a controller shotcut to change the filter type, example:
    Shift + Cutoff===>Scroll filter types

4: Add the ability to Preview the sample or the instruments in a quick way!

5: Make the presets change more smooth (for a live performance)

6: CPU Usage Improvements

7: Add the ability to use external VST in the effect slot, or add more effect (some good reverb first)

8: Browser Improvements whit favourite locations!
Select+14 open the Browser. Then one click on the wheel could browse the sample home location folders.  Click once to enter a folder to browse samples.  Arrow buttons could be used to navigate up and down folders in the file browser, and the big knob could select samples.  Volume (next to panning) could change preview volume and the other knobs on that row (cutoff, resonance, aux 1, aux 2, panning) could affect the preview too.  A click with the kit knob on a sample could load it into the selected slot.

9: Autonomate all the parameters and playback in the sequencer!

10: Control external Synth/Expander whit the sequencer!

11: Step sequencer windows!

12: Per Pattern Mute and Solo Groups.
Mute and Solo'd Pad Selections and State are saved as part of a Pattern. 'last state' is recalled as pattern is activated.
ie: Pattern A1 has pads A, B and C muted and Mute is active on recall. Pads X,Y and Z are Solo selected and inactive. If a user switches to a new pattern, A1 is left in the state it was last in. Save Project would write the state, Load Project would reset the state. Each Pattern stores completely different Mute/Solo group state including selected instruments. Group settings should be able to be cut/copy/paste between Patterns.

13: Standard Tuning Reference for Pitch Settings.
Currently the central reference pitch for each instrument is 'unknown' (at least is 'unstated'). Some sort of reference note would be helpful in the form of Midi Note #, Htz, or Midi Note Name.

14: An option to output midi to pitch for specific pads.
It'd be really nice to see you open it up just a little bit. I'd love to be able to make 'tuned' instruments output to their own MIDI channel in MIDI file Exports and Realtime via plugin and Spark's MIDI Out.

15: A proper Midi Reference Spec Sheet.
Clearly you're using your own midi communications, and I think that's great, but some documentation beyond 'don't use the private midi ports' would be really great, if only to confirm why strange behavior will result. I've seen some odd behavior while attempting to hook up some other midi equipment, it mostly made sense in the context of 'we made our own mapping, it's different' and in the traditional hardware MIDI world, this should be Documented for users. I'd be great to see some optional documentation for advanced users.

16: Add a "STUDIO MODE" selected by a shortcut:
- 6 instrument parameters mapped to the Mixer knobs (for selected instrument)
- 3 mixer parameters mapped to the 3 instrument knobs (I think Vol/Cutoff/Res are the best 3 to choose, leaving off Aux1/Aux2/Pan)

17: Post and Pre effect Channel
Add the ability to change the Audio Channel of all the percussion without bypass the effect, maybe with a switchable option

18: Shift+Shuffle change Accent value

19: Add Sub-category in Project and Kit lists

20: Add Host Shortcut (Select+16) and the ability to save the Host state in the DAW Project

21: Add more syntesis capabilities and new synthesizer

22: Create a Default Mixer template or a few preset (like all outputs on the first channel, all outputs in separate channels, grouped channels etc...)
I would just like a default user set mixer output set up.  That way regardless of which kit I load the sounds are all outputted to the same outs as they always are.  I'd basically just like pads 1-16 mapped to outs 1-16 by default.

23: Note pitch editing shortcuts for the hardware
I would like to have some form of editing with the top step sequencer that would allow me to change individual note pitch straight from the hardware.    The way I do it now is just press record and hope that I record it correct.  If I don't I have to delete it and try again.  I'd just like to be able to select the incorrectly played note and change its pitch from the hardware instead of changing the entire pattern's pitch in tune mode.

24: Add parameter modulation like pitch control (Filter, Decay, Release etc) in the sequencer
This idea come's me in mind from this:
Gate control is basically just a way to adjust the length of individual notes.  Sorta like decay.  However unlike decay you would be able to use this on a note by note basis so some notes could be long and some could drop off fast.  It helps a lot with creating a groove.  Step mode would work great for this cause then you could just click record it would select the first note and you would change the delay value at that point in the sequence and then continue doing that for each note you want to change.

25: Add individuals controls for all the Instrument's Layers

26: assign every parameter to the 3 knobs associated with a sound and record tweaks

27: step by step editing

it would be nice to have some kind of "p-lock" or "motion-sequence" : select a sound - press and hold a step key - move one of the three encoders to set and record a value for the chosen parameter!
this way you can input for instance velocity ( ghost notes !!! ) without ever touching the mouse!

28: I have a big monitor let me see 64 steps!!

29: Add a Linn LM-1 kit
Javd007 from Gearslutz offers to sample his unit for Arturia.

30: integrate spark and analogue laboratory for the ultimate modular synth/step sequencer!
Now you have per drum note/tuning, why not give V collection owners the ability to trigger the SEN or Mg

31: Velocity, repeat and shift should be assignable to an instrument control on the hardware

32: Record lenght of the note while playing on the pad

33: Personal name for drum Style beyond the current eleven

34: Export midi from pads individually
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:53:06 pm by mauronedj »

silikonanswer

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark Improvements!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 12:10:14 am »
CPU usage!

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 10:06:38 am »
CPU usage!
The CPU usage is understandable because it's a phisical model machine, but I'll add this to the list!

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 12:00:32 pm »
Up!

rodanmusic

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 05:24:54 pm »
Can't you already change the filter by shift clicking on the filter button?

The number one thing I would like to see (the one thing that keeps me from using spark) is a default set of routing settings for the mixer so that I can always have spark mapped out in my Daw's song template.  Setting it up each time really sucks.

Other thing that would be good would be a better browser with favorite locations.

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 06:04:12 pm »
You can change the Pad Filter type but not the Single Pad cutoff Type!

For your issue, you can simply create a template whit all your routings and open it every time you start a new project (I called it _Default so I see it for first!).

better Browser added!

rodanmusic

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 11:38:58 pm »
Hmm I swear I tried that and it reset them when I re-opened it.  I will try it again. Thanks.

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 11:47:54 am »
Also another improvement is the ability to automate all the parameters change in the sequencer and playback all of them during the track!

lne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 10:08:11 am »
Control External Synths using Spark StepSequencer.

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 11:34:55 am »
Control External Synths using Spark StepSequencer.
Added!

rodanmusic

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 05:33:08 am »
I really want this control external synths feature.  It would be awesome to be able to jam straight through spark and not need my daw.

mrfugu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 09:35:18 pm »
Request:
1) Per Pattern Mute and Solo Groups.
Mute and Solo'd Pad Selections and State are saved as part of a Pattern. 'last state' is recalled as pattern is activated.
ie: Pattern A1 has pads A, B and C muted and Mute is active on recall. Pads X,Y and Z are Solo selected and inactive. If a user switches to a new pattern, A1 is left in the state it was last in. Save Project would write the state, Load Project would reset the state. Each Pattern stores completely different Mute/Solo group state including selected instruments. Group settings should be able to be cut/copy/paste between Patterns.

2) Standard Tuning Reference for Pitch Settings.
Currently the central reference pitch for each instrument is 'unknown' (at least is 'unstated'). Some sort of reference note would be helpful in the form of Midi Note #, Htz, or Midi Note Name.

2b) An option to output midi to pitch for specific pads. You've got a great hardware sequencing platform in the Spark. It'd be really nice to see you open it up just a little bit. I'd love to be able to make 'tuned' instruments output to their own MIDI channel in MIDI file Exports and Realtime via plugin and Spark's MIDI Out.

3) A proper Midi Reference Spec Sheet. Clearly you're using your own midi communications, and I think that's great, but some documentation beyond 'don't use the private midi ports' would be really great, if only to confirm why strange behavior will result. I've seen some odd behavior while attempting to hook up some other midi equipment, it mostly made sense in the context of 'we made our own mapping, it's different' and in the traditional hardware MIDI world, this should be Documented for users. It would be great to see some optional documentation for advanced users.

thanks
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:17:47 pm by mrfugu »

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 10:45:12 pm »
Good point mrfugu, I'll add all of those and make them more clear!

punkdSICO

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 08:20:38 pm »
I had this in another thread but, I would LOVE the 6 mixer knobs to be able to control the 6 instrument parameters.  The Spark sound engine is HUGELY powerful but, we are left with only 3 knobs at a time to control this whilst at the same time, we have dedicated knobs for less useful mixer functions like Pan etc..

My #1 suggestion is:

This shows Spark in "Studio Mode" with key points being:

- 6 instrument parameters mapped to the Mixer knobs (for selected instrument)
- 3 mixer parameters mapped to the 3 instrument knobs (I think Vol/Cutoff/Res are the best 3 to choose, leaving off Aux1/Aux2/Pan)

I have given the shortcut to "Select + 8" but I think this is already assigned so it will need to be 12 or whatever..

Fingers crossed this can get approval/backing and hopefully this is a quickie for Mr Arturia?

ta,

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Text SLUT to: 29 7 29 7
Here’s the video:  www.youtu.be/Zl0PTZKy7fg

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 06:17:24 pm »
Fingers crossed this can get approval/backing and hopefully this is a quickie for Mr Arturia?
Hi Paul, good features!
I'll add in the first post!
I also hope that Arturia's Team release that feature!
Mauro.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines