March 28, 2024, 09:44:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Roland XP-50 AS midi controller?  (Read 5064 times)

Colin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Roland XP-50 AS midi controller?
« on: September 11, 2004, 06:59:34 pm »
Hi just to say first off I am totally new to making music using midi/synths etc, i have a basic knowledge of synths but thats all.

I have recently got a Roland XP-50 synth with general midi out/in/through

Can I use this keyboard as a general midi controller to operate my virtual soft synth plugins in cubase?[ie when i press a key on my Roland it operates the keys on the software PC plugin synths]

I would like to record amd edit music using Cubase SX.

I have Cubase SX and currently have about 5 vst plugins [Hypersonic, Arturia cs-80v, plex etc], I was wondering if I can somehow plug the Roland XP-50 into my pc?  if so how do i do this? [I have no leads or anything yet to plug into the Rolands midi out]

A friend mentioned something about a midi interface to plug my synth into, what is this and how does it work and how do  i plug my synth into it and use it in Cubase SX?

My Roland has Aftertouch which I wanted to use with the Arturia cs-80v plugin[ the real Yamaha cs-80 had Polyphonic 'aftertouch' and is an important aspect of this synth]

Any help from some of you experienced guys would be very welcome indeed!!..........Colin.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines