March 29, 2024, 01:00:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mod Matrix and mini KP2  (Read 2191 times)

voncogwell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mod Matrix and mini KP2
« on: March 19, 2014, 05:47:37 pm »
Hey!

I dont know if this has already been covered so I'm hoping I have not missed a thread.

I was trying to use my mini KP2 with the mod matrix of the microbrute, but I did'nt notice any effect at all. Was I connecting something wrong mayhaps?

I tried output from the mini KP into the matrix and I tried to go from the mod matrix into the mini KP and then back again into another slot of the mod matrix.
Then i figured that it might not work cause the mini KP is a digital signal and the mod matrix only works with analog.

Anyone else tried this and got it to work or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I know that I can just send the output from the microbrute into the mini KP but with the mod matrix I feel that I have much more options of modulating my sounds. :)

kassu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Mod Matrix and mini KP2
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:17:40 am »
I think you might be misunderstanding the following: the mod matrix outputs and inputs control voltages, not audio. The control voltages modulate parameters, typically at lower frequency than audio (but you can get also really nice effects with audio frequency modulation)

While it is certainly possible to externally process the control voltage, kaoss pad might not be a good tool for it since it is designed to work with audio signals.

You can use the KP after the brute, indeed. You can also use a different source into the kp, and connect the kp out to the external audio in on the back of the minibrute to use the minibrute filter and brute factor as effects unit. You could actually route the output of the microbrute via the kp back into the external in, which creates a crazy feedback loop similar to the brute factor (start with volume down,  it might get loud and unpleasant, but maybe it can create cool sounds)

voncogwell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Mod Matrix and mini KP2
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 03:44:28 pm »
I think you might be misunderstanding the following: the mod matrix outputs and inputs control voltages, not audio. The control voltages modulate parameters, typically at lower frequency than audio (but you can get also really nice effects with audio frequency modulation)

While it is certainly possible to externally process the control voltage, kaoss pad might not be a good tool for it since it is designed to work with audio signals.

You can use the KP after the brute, indeed. You can also use a different source into the kp, and connect the kp out to the external audio in on the back of the minibrute to use the minibrute filter and brute factor as effects unit. You could actually route the output of the microbrute via the kp back into the external in, which creates a crazy feedback loop similar to the brute factor (start with volume down,  it might get loud and unpleasant, but maybe it can create cool sounds)

Then it was as I was thinking. Well, doesn't hurt to ask anyways. :)

But using the kaoss pad in the other ways that you mentioned is something that I will most certainly try out! Who know what can be discovered! :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines