March 28, 2024, 06:31:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature suggestions / wishlist  (Read 16046 times)

milkshake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Feature suggestions / wishlist
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 07:05:43 pm »
I personally would love it if the pitch could be detached from any scale. If, for example, the 'USER' scale could have a 'Free' setting, so one could program microtonal pitch difference, especially when using CV this is excellent, but for MIDI this would be totally excellent as well. I find it a bit limiting to have to use tempered scales.
You could send the cv signal to a mixer/pot and scale it with that.

Then, something else that's been remarked already is that the sequence goes out of sync when the number of steps is altered or when time division is altered. This is rather bothersome, it would be cool if one could at least have the option to force this to some time grid. I mean, it's also really cool that it CAN go out of sync, and that you can use it to make it stutter, but then again, I have noticed that you have to hit the pads on an upbeat when changing step number. (Am I making myself clear here?)
I have just made a similar request in the technical section.
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82084.msg110747#new
Basically syncing to the first step after 1/2/4 measures.

citric acid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 08:18:01 pm »
a big whish:

When i change while the sequencer is runing the Note durstion from 16. to 32 the sequencer jumps. Also when you change the Step length from 16 to 7 or other values the sequencer jumps. at some other sequnencer this doesn't happend. isj there a way to do this on a next firmware? so implement that the functions just change on the next first step on the sequence .

tonewheels

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 12:13:23 am »
I'm using as a CV/gate sequencer in a modular setup and am finding that the lack of any visual feeedback to step pitch settings makes it almost impossible to use in real time. Counting detents by feel is really slow and inaccurate. Use the red pad lights to show which of the 12 scale notes you're currently setting at (with a second or two timeout). Use the other four to show which octave (use more than one of them simultaneously to give more than 4 octave range, hex encoded if necessary). Likewise for the transpose  knob.

Robbie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 12:10:31 am »
I love it a lot and am having a ton of fun with it.  If I could slave it to other gear without a computer, even if I could only daisy chain it to another beatstep, I'd probably buy two more of them.

binamer lebienheureux

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 09:31:35 am »
I love it a lot and am having a ton of fun with it.  If I could slave it to other gear without a computer, even if I could only daisy chain it to another beatstep, I'd probably buy two more of them.
I will receive a midi usb host to put the beatstep as a slave without computer.
will post my results as soon as I try it.

earlgravy

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 09:22:18 pm »
great piece of hardware, but some firmware updates would be amazing.

+1 for octave transpose in controller mode. This would make the controller mode way more useful. Similarly useful would be if the pad note assignments could be changed in controller mode with shift+the corresponding knob, similar to the way the sequencer notes can be changed when the sequencer is paused.

atimchak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Feature suggestions / wishlist - lateral sequence shift
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 10:02:20 pm »
Hi team - LOVE the beatstep, but would love one feature like the shift feature found on the Future Retro Revolution, that is, a way to shift the sequence forward or back without having to reprogram the whole thing.  Maybe hold store and then turn the big knob, and a left turn will shift the sequence back one pad, right turn will advance it one pad?

Thanks!
Alex

r23d

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 04:56:03 am »
I would love to see the ability to "disconnect" the rhythm and melody components much like the way early apreggiators running off old drum machine external clocks do.  This produces some amazingly complex melodies from very simple variations.

Since this sequencer behaves very much like an old analogue step sequencer, it would be entirely in character!

Basically I suggest some combination of buttons would allow you to set the "melody length" as seperate from the sequence length.  ie: if the melody length is 4, the notes in the first 4 encoders are cycled through in order (forward, reverse or ping pong as per setting) as the rhythm sequence is played through.  The note setting on the dials would not directly correspond to the buttons below.  Even better, if you could set the rhythm and note sequence direction seperately, this would give even more complex variations from simple changes...

Together with a simple means of "syncing" melody and rhythm loops with the internal clock, these changes would make this little sequencer a must have for me.

For now, I will have to just keep playing with my 606 and 101... ;)

cheers,

Richard, Australia

pselodux

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • PSELODUX
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 01:40:16 pm »
That would be awesome! Tonight I achieved something similar by hooking it up to my Volca Keys and then into my Electribe ES-1's line input. The ES-1 has a sequencer track for the line input where each step can be turned on or off, thus allowing for what you describe. Also, since it's a simple gate, I managed to achieve some interesting effects by sending the Volca through a 100% wet reverb before hitting the ES-1. It sounded pretty great.

davemoog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 01:32:16 am »
I think a "chain" feature could be nice - sort of like the TR606. Hold down (?recall) sequence i , 2 ,3 and it would sequence/play thru all three sequences to create longer sequences....

Sleepykeith

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 06:19:41 pm »
Just got my Beatstep and love it! But I want to use it as a master sequencer for live performances (no computer) and there are a few things that are needed to REALLY make this usable for live situations.

1. BPM/tempo of sequence saved with each sequence. as of now they all play at whatever the tempo is set to at that moment. Makes it IMPOSSIBLE to use live if you have songs at different tempos (I was shocked to find this didn't already exist. I really hope this can happen.)

2. Sequencer stays in sync when changing number of steps. (PLEASE!)

3. A way to accurately transpose sequences (something like Shift + Recall + Pads 1-12?) Transposing with the big knob isn't realistic for live performances.

4. Tap tempo (not detrimental, but would be handy).

Please include these in the next firmware upgrade!! thank you!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:49:51 pm by Sleepykeith »

r23d

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 12:09:09 pm »
I like your train of thought Pselodux - nice solution :)

The Beatstep seems to have has pleasing level of simplicity and would be loath to load it up with too many features and button combinations, but there are definitely some good suggestions in this thread especially feedback from current users (thanks!).

It already does a lot more than every other little controller out there (real midi connectors!!, step sequencing!!, CV!!), but a few simple changes that make the sequencing more flexible would open up a whole other audience I reckon.

Rich

insula

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 03:33:01 pm »
i just want a way to use the beat step as a slave (cv clock input, midi in, i'm find with any approach) with out a laptop, and pls solve the sync issue when is used as a mater clock. Chancing sequence  time (1(4,1/8, etc..) stop the midi clock output a small short time, but makes the device unusable with out a laptop...

solis_faye

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2014, 06:54:42 am »
I want to have a tempo display on the BeatStep template in the Universal Midi Control Center. That way, if I program a sequence in the editor and want to record it on Logic Pro X (or any other DAW), I can at at least calibrate the DAW for recording.

von haulshoven

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2014, 04:52:27 pm »
volume pro step. filter setting pro step
when shortening/lenghtening the sequence NO sound from the burron push
upper row midi channel 1
lower row midi channel 2 (for example)

my wishes :-)
Modify message

Carbonate design by Bloc