March 28, 2024, 10:02:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Reason 7 as a DAW  (Read 1359 times)

baxterdavid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Reason 7 as a DAW
« on: April 10, 2014, 12:20:09 pm »
I don't use VSTs and have no interest in Reason's software instruments, but how do people find Reason for working with audio? My sound sources will be hardware, I just want to record it, add some native effects, and arrange/mix everything.

I have Logic 9 and Live 8 and plan on upgrading both eventually but I'm not too into either after working with them for over five years. I have heard good things about Reason's mixer with its built-in eq and comp. I am usually just cutting up audio and adding crossfades when I connect different bits. I want something stable and fast to work with.

I know there's a demo but I would have to upgrade my (mac) OS first, and I wanted to hear some user opinions first. So I guess put simply, is Reason good for arranging and mixing audio?

mattplay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Reason 7 as a DAW
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:03:32 pm »
I find it odd that you are not happy with recording and editing audio into Logic or Ableton... I doubt Reason would offer much better of a workflow in that regard. However, I do believe the latest Reason has offered some nifty features for integrating external hardware into the Reason rack. Which includes CV & Gate routing.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines