March 28, 2024, 11:26:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BEAT STEP WITH STAND ALONE SOFTSYNTHS  (Read 4465 times)

turbo_kev

BEAT STEP WITH STAND ALONE SOFTSYNTHS
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:49:58 am »
Hi   I just got my beat step and its a fantastic product  thank you

I should start by saying I am NOT a musician, but just love the sounds of old analog synths
and I use my gear just for fun, but I think because of this I tend to come up on problems that a musician would not. I am also a major button and knob twidler. so I would make a good beta tester, as I press buttons and twiddle knobs that a normal person would not do

I have a coulpe of questions

1.)  If I load up 2 soft synths in stand alone mode, Beatstep only seems to send data to one of them
IE: if I de-select 1 of them I can then control the other one via beat step but not 2 or more at the same time.. where as in my daw Cubase I   can control as many as I like at the same time.

2.) How can I control Transpose in stand alone mode via my keyboard.  Again in my daw I just make a midi track and make its out put to beat step

3.) when using Beatstep in step sequencer mode and I select Alt mode ( forwards & backwards )
the first and last note repeats, is it possible to make it so that it just goes forward and backwards without making the first and last note repeat

4.)  this one is more of a request for a new feature. will it ever be possible to have a ratchet feature mode   ( make a note play multiple  times before moving on to the next step)   so you can make those tangerine Dream effects

that's it for now, thought I would start the forum off with a bagfull

thanks in advance
kevin

BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: BEAT STEP WITH STAND ALONE SOFTSYNTHS
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:36:49 pm »
Hi kev ,i can use 2 soft synths (arturia) at the same time playing a sequence from beatstep ok .what system are you on?

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

turbo_kev

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:25:29 pm »
Hi terry   I am on windoze 7 64 bit.  I have no trouble when using Cubase , Beatstep can control multiple vst synths  no probs.  it just sometimes I don't want to load up Cubase and just want to have a quick play with a couple of stand alone synths. this is where I have the problem. if I go into active midi ports on the synth I can see Arturia beatstep and select it, but when I try and do the same on the other synth, it wont let me select Arturia beatstep, but if I go back to the first synth and DE-select it, then the other one will let me select it, I cant select it for both synths at the same time, but like I said when in Cubase I have no problems

cheers
 kevin
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

teceem

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 12:40:58 pm »
Read my first post, and join in for awareness:  ;)
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82091.0

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines