March 29, 2024, 03:51:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Record from SparkLE sequencer in Cubase 7.5  (Read 2036 times)

ChromeFrankie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Record from SparkLE sequencer in Cubase 7.5
« on: May 05, 2014, 06:36:22 am »
How do I record from the SparkLE sequencer in cubase 7.5? I can get the 'event received indicator' to light up from pressing the pads, but not when pressing play on the sequencer. ( Please note, I have already adjusted the 'send MIDI from sequencer' to YES under SparkLE preferences menu)

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Record from SparkLE sequencer in Cubase 7.5
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 11:14:18 am »
Hi,
if you want to record your beat in Cubase you have to use Spark plugin as MIDI input not the SparkLE controller.
Check this video for more details.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

ChromeFrankie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:02:45 pm »
Thank you for the prompt response! Yes, I know the video well.
I am able to record audio from the pads following the video instructions. My event received signal lights red when pressing the pads
What I would like to do is record from the sequencer. I need my event received indicator  light up when pressing the play button on SparkLE
I had this working before at one time(recording from the sequencer)
I know I need to go to preferences and select yes on 'Send MIDI from sequencer'
I remember something with host button and MIDI mode vs Spark mode, I've been working at it but haven't re-figured it out. My settings changed when updating to 2.0. I'm must be missing some step in the set up process. Any ideas? A step by step instructions for all to see would be very helpful for anyone else who wants to record from the SparkLE sequencer in cubase, or a video variation. I'll post how I did it if I get it figured out. I'm still banging my head on the wall rather than head banging to the beat for now...

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:19:31 pm »
I've just tried this and can confirm that the Sequencer notes aren't being sent to the midi out even when ticked in the preferences, the Pads are sending midi however.

http://www.screencast.com/t/IwxvKp7bpLMm  (The frame rate is not showing the pads lighting up properly but there is a sequence running)

In the meantime though you can drag the midi pattern from the sequencer screen to a cubase midi track.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines