March 28, 2024, 12:42:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drum Sequencer Mode  (Read 4687 times)

Niph

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Drum Sequencer Mode
« on: April 26, 2014, 11:20:04 pm »
I got my Beatstep today and while it's a nice little thing I am completely baffled by the absence of a Polyphonic Drum Sequencer Mode. Unless I am completely wrong there is always exactly one MIDI Note linked to one step.

However, what I hoped for was something like a 16-step sequencer per note, something similar to the 909:

In SEQ Mode I press the Shift Key and one pad to select the MIDI-Note I am editing, now I editing the sequence for this particular pad/note. If I press another PAD with Shift I edit the sequence of this partical note etc. pp.

All of these 16 possible sequences are then combined and sent to MIDI Out (CV won't be possible obviously).

Is this something that might be possible for a future update?

jasperodus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Drum Sequencer Mode
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 07:27:13 pm »
+1

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 02:22:47 pm »
Yeah guys I am quite desapointed too as I was looking precisely to a poly sequencer to use with for the D16 plug-ins...

So yeah... Is this something that might be possible for a future update?

Mr. Roboto

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:45:15 am »
You bouhgt a monophonic sequencer and that's exactly the way a monophonic sequencer works (have a look at all the sequencers in the modular synth systems).
So I don't really understand how someone could complain about this now.

It's like buying a motorcycle and complaining that you can't transport all of your family members and their lagguage afterwards.  ;)
Less talk, more action!

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 04:02:31 pm »
You bouhgt a monophonic sequencer and that's exactly the way a monophonic sequencer works (have a look at all the sequencers in the modular synth systems).

It's like buying a motorcycle and complaining that you can't transport all of your family members and their lagguage afterwards.  ;)

Its the second time you waste my time so I repeat because you definitely are a pain in the *ss:
I don't really understand why someone would gives a damn about YOUR opinion so please dont pollute and waste our time while we want an answer from someone competent.

Niph

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 07:03:49 am »

I know what a monophonic sequencer is and I know that this is the main purpose of the beatstep.

However, the hardware unit has everything it needs to be a polyphonic drum sequencer, so this is probably just a matter of software support. I don't think asking for such a feature is unreasonable and I don't appreciate your snarky comment.

manhasnoname

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 03:57:48 pm »
+1

Not just for the sequencer but playing chords on the pads (like on Korg Nanopad2).
I mean, it would be great to be able to assign multiple midi notes to the pads.

Atarikid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 12:14:49 pm »
This would be a fantastic thing for a further hardware-machine... the ARTURIA DRUMSEQUENCER... 3 midi-outs, 128 patterns, 20 songs, accent.. :)... Maybe a few trigger-outs and of course...XoX-programming, variatons, A/B...and and and.. :)

i have a bunch of old drumsynths, they want to be triggered by a machine like this....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines