September 21, 2014, 02:11:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ext Sync Not Working  (Read 87 times)

TomStanford

Ext Sync Not Working
« on: August 13, 2014, 01:45:21 pm »
Hi,

So I got the BeatStep in the hope of being able to use it to externally sequence analog synths and drums while being in sync with my DAW (Reason 7) so I can record my external kit. However, when connected to my Reason, I press the EXT Sync button and press the transport controls in Reason and the BeatStep just sits there lifelessly doing nothing. I have tried in Reason's settings toggling the "Send Midi" options, adding the BeatStep as a control surface and (in the preferences menu, under  "Sync") I have tried both selecting the BeatStep in the "Midi Clock Sync" as an output, so as to sync the BeatStep to Reason. Despite trying all these options, I have had no success in getting the BeatStep to cooperate. I have looked on these forums and there is only guides for Cubase, Ableton and Logic.

If somebody could explain to me how to sync up with Reason 7, I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks! 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:40:19 pm by TomStanford »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines