April 20, 2024, 04:17:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Lost MIDI connection w/ USB hub  (Read 1910 times)

Opie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Lost MIDI connection w/ USB hub
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:43:01 pm »
Hey guys I have a KeyLab 25.  I got it to produce with, but I also DJ with it, until I can afford a true DJ controller.  Trouble is, if I have it hooked up by way of a USB hub, even if it's the only device plugged into it, I keep losing the MIDI connection.  I've tried different hubs, and it's always the same trouble.

It's really a problem when it happens when I DJ.  In the middle of a set, I'll have to unplug it and restart it, making my computer freeze for a second and make a noise as it runs out the sound buffer.  And when it's back on, all controls have reset to 64, and that makes it very awkward trying to set things up.

I use a MacBook 15, and I run Windows 7 on it in BootCamp.  I am currently using a 7 port powered High-Speed USB 2.0 hub.  2.0 because my MacBook only has 2.0 ports.  For software, I use DeckaDance as a VST in FL Studio 11.  I have to use a hub because I need one of the ports on my computer reserved for my audio interface for the multiple outputs, and want to have at least two ports left so I can plug in my keyboard and an external hard drive with my extended music library when I need it.  But as I said, even if the KeyLab is the only thing plugged into the hub, it still regularly and without warning will drop the MIDI connection.

Can anyone help me out?  I do not want to get out and do a live set and have this happen.

-Opie

J-Fly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Lost MIDI connection w/ USB hub
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 08:13:09 pm »
I've had a similar problem but it's usually after hours of use. So I assume that there is a default USB timeout feature through the Mac OS. I'm using a Mac Mini with Mavericks and a powered USB hub.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines