March 29, 2024, 11:18:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Wrong order of backward sequence steps  (Read 2441 times)

Mr. Roboto

Wrong order of backward sequence steps
« on: May 05, 2014, 02:49:52 pm »
Even if I already send back my Beatstep (due to the encoder accelleration bug) I would like to mention that the step order for backward sequences has been implemented wrong (as with most step sequencers).

When the Beatstep introduction video was uploaded to Youtube a few month ago by Arturia showing Glen Darcy (?) presenting the new device I already mentioned it in a video comment so I'm just copying it here:

"[...] it looks like the sequencer backwards mode has been implemented wrong like on nearly every other sequencer as well.
If the forward step order is 1, 2, ..., 15, 16
the backward order should NOT be like 16, 15,..., 2, 1
To be correct it has to be 1, 16, 15, ..., 3, 2
which means it always has to start with step 1 and then going to step 16 instead of starting with step 16.
This then allows all the down beats to remain on down
beats, and off beats to remain on off beats. so it does not mess up your rhythm."
Less talk, more action!

tomeso

• Beta-testers
Re: Wrong order of backward sequence steps
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 03:30:44 pm »
Hi,
I would not agree calling this a wron implementation since this is simply the way -backward- is defined: play a sequence from back to front.

Nevertheless, you had already mentioned this in the german forum and I agreed that it would be nice to have this as an alternative mode. I think that I had confirmed that this is already on the feature request list.
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Mr. Roboto

Re: Wrong order of backward sequence steps
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 06:49:18 pm »
O.K., great, thanks.

Yes, "wrong" might not be the correct term as it is correct in a mathematical/logical way, right.
Less talk, more action!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines