March 29, 2024, 02:35:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CV Note Hang?  (Read 2378 times)

synthetek

CV Note Hang?
« on: May 09, 2014, 03:41:02 am »
I am trying to use the Beatstep CV/Gate with a Korg X911. It seem to be working ok but when I stop the sequencer the last note hangs if I unplug the CV cable it stops and if I plug it back in it will start to play the hung note again so it seems like the Beatstep is still outputting CV. Anyone else having the same issue or know what could be causing it?
Thanks

rove

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CV Note Hang?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 04:09:03 pm »
Sounds normal that the CV would remain at the last note played by the sequencer, the CV out is always active.

synthetek

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 09:32:28 pm »
I guess the X911 is Hz/V and S-Trig so I don't think the Beatstep is going to work correctly. I am going to try it with my SH-101 instead.

lukasthielmann

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:44:16 am »
Hi,

Might be stating the obvious but do you have both the 'cv' and 'gate' plugged in? I had a similar problem and later noticed that my 'gate' cable was dodgy.

Also I think some synths use different voltages/polarity for their gate signals.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 12:48:49 pm »
Hi do you have the latest firmware ? if so try a quicker gate ,There is now a way to set up some parameters directly on the unit while in SEQ mode.
Shift + Knob 1: set gate time (50%..99%)
Shift + Knob 2: set swing (50%..75%)
Shift + Knob 3: set legato mode (off/on/on reset)

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines