March 29, 2024, 03:05:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Another Broken Origin  (Read 4175 times)

ASch

Another Broken Origin
« on: May 11, 2014, 09:27:59 pm »
Well, I thought I'd escaped, but today my Origin Keyboard has died.  Albeit in an unusual way.

I can no longer switch between multis, and it produces no sound.  It send MIDI signals from the keyboard, but does not seem to respond to external signals.  I have tried doing a reset where you boot the device and hold 0, 1 & 2.  That reset the multi to Dark Side 80s, but did nothing to improve the problem.

Any suggestions Philippe?

???

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Re: Another Broken Origin
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 03:38:22 am »

oh man.  >:(

ASch

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 07:35:21 pm »
Yeah  :(

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 09:19:23 pm »
Well, I thought I'd escaped, but today my Origin Keyboard has died.  Albeit in an unusual way.

I can no longer switch between multis, and it produces no sound.  It send MIDI signals from the keyboard, but does not seem to respond to external signals.  I have tried doing a reset where you boot the device and hold 0, 1 & 2.  That reset the multi to Dark Side 80s, but did nothing to improve the problem.

Any suggestions Philippe?

???

Sorry for the trouble.

Could you try an update to the 1.4.1 version and send me the log files after the update?

This update should fail when you reach the DSP update step, but the logs will give me informations on what's going wrong.

To get the logs, launch the "Origin Connection" that comes with the 1.4.1 firmware update package. Open the menu "File" and select the entry "Open the Logs Folder". This opens a window. Make a zip file with *every files and folder* you see in this window. I mean *every files and folder*, not only the folder named "log_archives".

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:01:12 pm by Philippe »
Origin Lead  Developer

ASch

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 08:59:49 pm »
Hi Philippe,

My keyboard is already on the 1.4.1 update.  Can I still try what you are asking?

I sent a log file of a failed backup attempt to David, your technical support guy on Monday when he asked if my computer could see the Origin.

Thanks for your interest.

Andreas

ASch

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:02:49 pm »
Philippe!

I "updated" the Origin - the update went through without a hitch, and now my keyboard is fully functional again!  Wow!  I am sooo relieved.

Ok, so now I'm going to try and make a back up...

Thanks

Andreas

Philippe

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 10:28:03 pm »
Ah, that's a good news.

You don't need to make a backup but you'll need to restore your own presets. Your presets have been backuped during the first step of the update. You can see this backup if you disclose the "Origin Backups" triangle in the left browser in the Origin Connection window. It has a name such as:
Origin_1_4_1_Backup_15_May_14_HH_MM (where HH_MM is a time).

I don't have an Origin under my hands for now but I believe that you have to first select the backup you want to restore, and then go to the action menu, and there select the entry "Reload existing Backup".
Origin Lead  Developer

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 05:22:02 am »
oh man!  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines