March 29, 2024, 02:31:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 Official Release and 2.0.1 - A few issues  (Read 1634 times)

A UserName

Spark 2 Official Release and 2.0.1 - A few issues
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:08:07 pm »
Firstly let me say that the new version is a great leap forward and has been fun to use.  I did run into a few issues which I thought might be worth pointing out.

In 2.0.0 (official release) when loading samples into Layers 2-6, Spark would only play back the sample loaded into Layer 1, despite the trigger mode setting.  This issue was present every time (20+ instances) upon loading Spark in Ableton Live 9.1.1 (Windows 8.1).  It actually caused me to uninstall and move to the 2.0.1 beta.   

In 2.0.1- when using the "Roller" function on the hardware in conjunction with the trigger pads, a constant triggering latency appears which does not resolve until fx mode is changed.  Also, during playback in the DAW sequencer and while editing a sample in Layer 2 (in stacked mode), Layer 2 stopped triggering entirely.  Layer 1 kept triggering but was only playing the original default kit sample.  I was able to load different (Non-Spark) samples into Layer 1 but it still continued to trigger the default sample from the Spark bank.  This has only happened once and resolved when I stopped the sequencer and reloaded the default sample.   

jasperhb

Re: Spark 2 Official Release and 2.0.1 - A few issues
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 06:22:56 pm »
I see the same layering issue. How do I get access to the beta, when I goto the Beta Area there is not there but some text about beta's.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Spark 2 Official Release and 2.0.1 - A few issues
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 06:38:22 pm »
just point your browser here   
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82353.0

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines