April 20, 2024, 03:38:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved] Using Minilab as controller in Sonar X3  (Read 3831 times)

JohnD2316

[Solved] Using Minilab as controller in Sonar X3
« on: May 20, 2014, 06:19:04 pm »
Happy new user here - okay, the 64 bit Analog Lab crashes Sonar 64 bit, but the 32 bit VST works fine with Sonar's bitbridge. I love turning the knobs and have already recorded some great music with Analog Lab as main synth.  :D

Now I wonder how to use the knobs with other synths, effects or as a track controller (volume) in Sonar X3? Does anybody know?

The ACT setup or choosing "Generic Cakewalk" controller as control surface in the Preferences does not work. So I guess I'd have to use Midi Control Center, but where do I even start?

Thanks to nice and fast support at Arturia and the Cakewalk forums both problems were solved swiftly. The crash of the 64 bit VST is fixed by the latest Analog Lab update. The other issue turned out to be a problem with the 64 bit version of Sonar X3e. If you have a newer version of Sonar the problem is likely already fixed. Otherwise, the second post in the following thread, the one by Seth Kellogg of Cakewalk, explains you how to fix the issue:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/241070/discussions/0/540736587127895581/

After that, you can assign Minilab as a Generic Cakewalk controller and use the encoders outside of Analog Lab in absolute mode.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:32:21 pm by JohnD2316 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines