March 28, 2024, 10:16:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A bug with my sequencer (not about syncing)  (Read 4036 times)

TigerMattle

A bug with my sequencer (not about syncing)
« on: May 23, 2014, 02:46:31 pm »
Hello Arturians,
I bought my Microbrute last week, I've been using it a lot.
I noticed an issue with the sequencer that appeared 2 days ago : as soon as I select "play", a sequence is played as if the middle C note was hold. If I press another key it works, but it comes back to the C note when I release it.
This didn't happen in the first days...has anyone got a solution ?

Thanks

Vorgan12

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: A bug with my sequencer (not about syncing)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 11:18:53 pm »
Does it act like middle C is held while doing anything else, or only when using the sequencer?

TigerMattle

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:50:26 pm »
Only with the sequencer

Vorgan12

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 12:33:09 am »
I'm trying to think of the possible ways that it could be a hardware problem, but I have this gut feeling that it's a firmware problem. I very well could be wrong though.

Vorgan12

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 12:36:47 am »
Maybe try downloading the Microbrute Connection Software.

Here: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/microbrute/resources.html

And try updating the firmware. If that doesn't fix it, it's most likely a hardware problem, in my opinion.

BichoVergara

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 06:57:07 am »
Hi everybody!
I recently bought my MicroBrute, and everything worked just perfect... until yesterday at night, when I update the firmware... since then the sequencer is having an odd behaviour... and I don't know if anybody is having the same trouble...
When I play a sequence, I can't modify the tempo with the "tap" button on the fly, as I used to (the tempo doesn't change at all). And the second issue is, when I'm playing a sequence and I move the "rate" knob, the tempo don't change gradually... it change from steps (4 different "steps", with  4 different tempos... and not the smooth tempo change that I used to be able to perform).
Somebody help me!!!

steun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 09:21:45 pm »
Hi everybody!
I recently bought my MicroBrute, and everything worked just perfect... until yesterday at night, when I update the firmware... since then the sequencer is having an odd behaviour... and I don't know if anybody is having the same trouble...
When I play a sequence, I can't modify the tempo with the "tap" button on the fly, as I used to (the tempo doesn't change at all). And the second issue is, when I'm playing a sequence and I move the "rate" knob, the tempo don't change gradually... it change from steps (4 different "steps", with  4 different tempos... and not the smooth tempo change that I used to be able to perform).
Somebody help me!!!

That's normal when a midi cable is plugged in the microbrute. Try disconnecting the midi cable and now you can change the rate with the tap button.

When a midi cable is inserted in the microbrute, the microbrute will always be synced with the midi clock. That's also the reason there are only 4 tempos

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines