March 29, 2024, 12:18:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: THE STEEL WEIGHTS UNDERNEATH THE KEYBED ARE FALLING OFF : REALLY ARTURIA???  (Read 2760 times)

JuanMaserati

>:(

I just received the Keylab 61 that I ordered online and when I opened the box, two knobs were off their posts and six weights underneath the keys apparently fell off.  And after researching the forums, I discover that this is a common occurance and that your build quality issues still persists even after the issues were reported months ago.

I'm about to embark on a west coast tour in June and I don't have time to waste on dealing with your shitty build/production issues.

Why do you disappoint me Arturia?? I was set to purchase the Keylab 88 for the studio after the tour but that aint going to happen now.

Your company make me incredibly sad because now I can't recommended your products  and I won't be using your keyboard for the tour.

If you are looking to resolve this crap fest, you can contact me on Facebook otherwise, I'm returning the keyboard before the weekend is over.

I don't have time for fisher price midi keyboard controllers.

You wanna keep me as a customer? Resolve this ASAP!!

JuanMaserati

I went ahead and drove to home depot to get some industrial grade glue and proceeded to re-attach the steel weights to the keyboard of which everything seems to work now but I still think this was pretty bad that I had to go out of my way to do this.

Anyone wanna get back to me on this?  ??? ::) :-\

George Ware

How did you fix this?
I had some guys last night look at my Keylab-61 asking why is this thing like this?  :-[
I'm going to put it away until I can get it fixed!

George Ware
macmoney@elp.rr.com

codevyper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I just sold my M-Audio Axiom 61 and picked up the KeyLab 61. I found that on mine, there was dried glue snot under some of the keys. Nothing had fallen off. I bought it from Sweetwater and it shipped half way across the U.S. so I would think if anything was loose it had plenty of opportunity to fall off. That said, it's still disconcerting to see extra glue from the build when you expect a pristine new instrument.

Build quality on all USB Midi controllers is pretty bad IMO. The Axiom was very delicate and plastic. I went to a couple of music stores and looked over almost every model of controller there was and came to the conclusion that the KeyLab was still the most rugged chassis of all the USB controllers because of the metal case and wooden sides. They just need to clamp down on their fabricators to pay more attention to detail when building these things.

In the end, I'll take the KeyLab and have to re-glue a few key weights than try going on the road with an M-Audio, Novation, or even the latest Roland controller. They all need to step their game up a bit IMO.

Jon1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I had a Keylab arrive with 31 keys weights rattling around in the box!  On opening I discovered  15 had embedded themselves within the chassis. I returned the keyboard and a new one is in transit this does not fill me with confidence but aside from that it looks pretty rugged so will need to check out some glue to have handy!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines