March 28, 2024, 12:49:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Change midi channel in Sequencer mode in real time via controller  (Read 5073 times)

turbo_kev

I think this question has been asked and answered before
but I am still unable to do this

Lets say I have 2 synths set up in my daw  1 on midi channel 1
and the second synth on midi channel 2

I get a nice sequence playing, and then want the sequence to just
play on midi channel 2.

I press the CHAN button on beatstep and select pad 2
but it doesn't change the midi channel

what am I doing wrong?

cheers in advance
kevin
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

alandiaco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Change midi channel in Sequencer mode in real time via controller
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 03:07:37 pm »
I'm interested in the answer to this question too... I'm not sure but I think that changing the midi channel from the hardware only changes the channel where the controller side is sending the midi data, but not the sequencer mode.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 04:10:27 pm »
HI, if you want to change the sequencer via midi channel you must have it set to global in the midi manger then saved to a memory then synced to the beatstep
i have a template below for you to download
then in your daw ,set the mdi input to beatstep and channel any.
then in the plugin set it to the channel you want say C1 and the second plugin  to C2
now play the sequence and change channel 1 to 2 .

im willing to do  a quick vid if i get time
hope this helps
Terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

turbo_kev

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 04:47:44 pm »
Hi terrym 

I have download your template , and done everything you said  but I still can't change the midi channel
via pressing and holding the CHAN + PAD

the correct pad does light up,  but if I put a midi checker in line it always says midi channel 1

also I noticed that when I installed your template it did NOT change the  sequencer channel to global
I did that myself, so I don't know if your template is bad or my hardware is knackard

my firmwear is 1.0.1.4       perhaps you can do that idiots guide video  so I can see what if anything I am doing wrong

cheers mate
kevin

BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 05:00:51 pm »
When you imported the template did you save it to a memory then sync ? also you need in the plugin itself to be on the midi channel you want and the daw input channel to be any .this how it works in cubase at least also did you set the midi input from beatstep and any channel only.
Take a good look at the screenshot.

what daw are you using

ps the new firmware will be here soon and its fixes the main issues . :)

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

turbo_kev

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 07:12:53 pm »
Hi
Before I try in my daw Cubase
I have been trying this with a stand alone version of mini v

the only way the beatstep controls the mini v , is if the midi channel on it is set to all
if you select any other option from 1-16 it doesn't play the notes

of course I have tried  Chan + Pad  then select the same midi channel on the mini v
but like I said for me, it only works if the mini v is set to midi channel all

any chance you can try this, perhaps its only a stand alone problem bug ???

I await your response  with baited breath

cheers
kevin

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 10:09:16 am »
Hi kevin , it is working ok in standalone but i am using osx and i see your on windows ,i cannot test on windows so it could be that the midi drivers for window will not let you change channel ?
in cubase set up 2 instrument channel s and pu the midi monitor on both inserts and make sure there set to beatstep and any channel .and change the channel on beatstep and see if the midi number is changing.

Terrym

TerryM

turbo_kev

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 08:10:45 pm »
Hi terrym

Cheers mate  got it all working in Cubase   I was loading the vst's on instrument tracks  instead of loading them in the  vst midi rack..   A bit of topic ( here I go again poncing knowledge )   but I don't suppose you could tell me how or if its possible to do this with instrument tracks  with some kind of combination with the imput transformer, I have been messing around for hours and am getting nowhere fast

ps  I am an UK xpat now living in sunny spain, if you want a free holiday or a couple of days  whatever
your more than welcome to stay in our self contained annex to the house.  the pool is now hot enough to swim in
its 30 deg c today 

Just a bit of bribe   LOL

cheers again for your help much apreciated

hasta leuago 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:23:57 pm by turbo_kev »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 10:23:16 pm »
hi kevin , not sure what you mean by cannot get to work in track instrument as it works ok here you just set it up the same as rack instruments.
please study the screenshot.

Thanks for the offer , but too busy with family and work to get away ...lol

hope this helps

Terrym
TerryM

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines