March 28, 2024, 06:31:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Timing change glitch  (Read 1761 times)

abemora

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Timing change glitch
« on: June 13, 2014, 07:27:07 am »
Hi Im not sure if anyone else has had this problem. I have the beat step sending out midi time to my TR8 and when I switch the timing (1/4, 1/8, etc.) it hick ups for a split second. ???

insula

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Timing change glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:01:16 pm »
hi,

also happend to me :(

I bought the beat step to try to integrate in my modular set up (no laptop), but i find that the only way that i can clock all my system is (and this is the only way) using the beatstep as master clock.

the funny thing that i found is when i switch between pattern timming toggle, the beat step stop the clock and start again, i guess this is the reason of the issue...

so the issue is even more problematic, bcs the only way to use the beat step synced with a modular system is use the beatstep clock.  As a midi in is not implemented or clock cv in (maybe the uart port used for midi out purpose can be set it as a PIO input in the chipset) there no way to use this device.

Arturia staff,

i can imagine that this device is cheap, thx for that... but if you want to get the community respect, this is not the way. this is my first arturia HW product.... and i not sure i will buy again any other controller  product... pls don't become the new waldrof.

avoiding the wishlist thread that you should pay attention, is really disappointing not able to just use the only way to sync the beatstep.

:(
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:03:42 pm by insula »

abemora

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Timing change glitch
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 07:07:53 am »
Thanks for the reply insula...I was starting to thing I was the only one experiencing this  ???..... Arturia definitely need step up thier game and come out with some major firmware updates according to this whole forum!!!....I'm just wondering if they even take any of theses post into consideration?????

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines