April 16, 2024, 07:40:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issue with Sequencing behavior -- knobs / sequence output don't match  (Read 1990 times)

morphogencc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hey all,

I've been exited by the beatstep for quite a while, and finally got around to purchasing one!  I'm actually using it for video control, not audio, as a video sequencer for Resolume Arena.

I used Resolume's native MIDI mapping tool, and was able to map button behavior easily.  Check!

Then I wanted to make it act as a sequencer.  I selected the behavior I wanted to map in Resolume, rotated the knob to get the right value (say, D#), and then set the value.

When I start the sequencer, the output values don't match what I left the knob at!  I used Mac's MIDI Monitor tool to verify, and it seems that the sequencer's output is always *different* from what the knob reads, by a constant value (say, 2 semi-tones).

What would be causing this behavior, and how can I rectify it?

thanks so much!

nathan

GnollinZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Check the transpose value in the MIDI Control Centre. You can change the transpose by holding shift and rotating the big knob.

morphogencc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Is there a way to tell what the value is without opening the control center?  This is it's out of the box behavior, so if it was changed, it was quite accidental; it's also frustrating to not know that there's an important parameter like that set.

I'll check on the control center when I get home; thanks!

nathan

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines