March 28, 2024, 09:06:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sequencer stopped working during shipping RESOLVED  (Read 1947 times)

charonme

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
sequencer stopped working during shipping RESOLVED
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:57:15 pm »
I bought a used microbrute, the original (first) owner says he never tried to connect it with a PC, but that the sequencer worked.
However when I opened the package and recorded a sequence, the sequencer doesn't play anything.

After reading some of the threads here I decided to try the USB connection software, but the computer doesn't even see the microbrute connected, so I can't change any settings (nor do a FW upgrade)
UPDATE: I connected it to a different computer and the connection works. I did not try to update the firmware yet. The settings are:
Play: Note On
Seq retrig: Reset
Next Seq: Instant reset
Step On: Gate
Step: 1/16
Sync: Auto
I tried switching all the parameters to something else and then back, but it didn't help

I tried clocking the microbrute externally, but all it does is it just plays the last played note repeatedly both in SEQ OFF mode and SEQ PLAY mode.
Also, the tempo LED is always blinking
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:42:18 am by charonme »

charonme

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: connection with PC doesn't work (nor does the sequencer)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 08:48:40 pm »
the USB is not completely shot though, it sends and accepts MIDI when connected to an ipad
the tempo LED is synchronized to the incoming USB MIDI signal, but turning the tempo knob changes nothing, I thought there would be some divisions of the received MIDI clock

I wonder how this could happen during the shipping  ???
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:55:11 pm by charonme »

charonme

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: sequencer stopped working during shipping
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 08:41:30 am »
OK so I tried updating the firmware even though the sequencer should have worked without it, there is no reason why it should stop working during shipping. After the update the connection software said "Please reboot your Brute, then only press OK." I didn't find anywhere how to "reboot" the Brute, so I just turned it off and on again.

After setting Step On to Clk it started working, but when it's on Gate it doesn't. I thought it should be the other way around, but whatever.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines