March 28, 2024, 09:37:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microbrute SE not connecting with Connection Software (Windows 7 SP1)  (Read 4335 times)

MrWheeler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hey there. I've been having trouble getting my microbrute to connect with my software and make an update. I've tried different USB cables, and plugging them into every port I have. I've turned on the Microbrute regularly and by holding the two octave buttons down, and I know that the computer can read the device as it shows up on the devices and printers window. I can play the microbrute on FL studio and I can send midi notes to it, but I can't the Microbrute software to work yet. Is there any quick fix to this issue? Any help is appreciated.

I use a Windows 7 if that helps too!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:11:08 am by MrWheeler »

Hartknocks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Microbrute SE not connecting with Connection Software
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »
I am having this issue as well, except I can't get my computer to recognize it, I've used different cables that I know work. Mine won't connect, the lights are all on, can't play it, can't update because it's "not connected." After looking on forums, most issues are for Mac, Windows 8, or something about the firmware update, but I can't even make it to the firmware update. Mind you this is just the regular Microbrute, not the SE.

MrWheeler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Microbrute SE not connecting with Connection Software
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 12:39:59 am »
Alright I have an update. I brought my Microbrute SE to work to have our IT guy help (He's the one who convinced me to buy the Microbrute). We started by plugging it into a Windows 7 computer with two different USB cables, and the results were identical as before. The computer knew the device was plugged in, but the software wasn't connecting. Then what he did was get his Apple laptop with the newest OS installed (OS X Yosemite 10.10). when we started up the connection software. It connected immediately and were able to install the firmware properly without any problem.

Then I went to my work computer which had Windows 8 installed and I tried using the software. It also was able to connect without any issue. I brought my Microbrute home today and hooked it up to my Computer which is a Windows 7 (SP 1). Though my Microbrute firmware is updated, I'm back to the same issue where the software isn't seeing the synth connected at all.

So at this point what has happened is that I've Tried connected to 3 windows 7 computers, one at work, one at home, and my friends laptop from my first post, with multiple USB Cables. All of these had the exact same issue where the computer has installed the device, but the connection software isn't able to find it. Then I managed to connect and successfully update on an Apple OS X 10 laptop, and successfully connect to a Windows 8 Desktop at work. What seems to be happening is that the connection software seems to have issues with the Windows 7 operating system.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has had this issue. Hartknocks, I'm sorry that this doesn't help your situation at all since you're problem also occurs on a mac. What OS are you currently using on it?

John81

Re: Microbrute SE not connecting with Connection Software (Windows 7 SP1)
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 11:14:09 am »
Same problem here! I just registered to this forum for this problem. Microbrute (not SE) and Windows 7 64-bit. Everything works, except the connection software says that it can't connect or find a device. Tried several USB ports.

Is there a solution available yet? Thanks :)

MrWheeler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Microbrute SE not connecting with Connection Software (Windows 7 SP1)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 02:32:54 am »
I've sent in a support claim awhile back and I got a message saying that it was being looked into. I think that this might boil down to a software issue rather than a hardware on since I've been able to connect and update my firmware on other operating systems. I'll let you know if anything comes up.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines