March 29, 2024, 03:14:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARTURIA PRODUCTS USELESS IN LOGIC PRO X  (Read 2859 times)

DMC63

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ARTURIA PRODUCTS USELESS IN LOGIC PRO X
« on: September 25, 2014, 09:52:35 pm »
I've bought ALL of the Arturia products, every synth, keylab61, minilab, spark creative drum controller with Spark2.

I've owned and tried to use these products in logic pro x for over 6 months.

Here's my experience of using these plugins in logic pro x, using the latest macbook pro and RME fireface ucx interface.

Now, don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining about the sound quality of Arturias plugins, they're fantastic. But what's the point of a great sounding
plugin that doesn't work?

Analogue lab (the main reason I bought the keylab61 and minilab) Completely unusable plugin from day one. As soon as I loaded this plugin logic crashed.
Logic crashed continuously with this plugin loaded and crashes logic EVERY time I quit logic. A waste of money. Any updates? NO! I had to completely uninstall
analogue lab to get stability back in logic pro x.

One thing you will come to learn about Arturia is that you're on your own. No refunds, no help, just wait until next year when they release the next update.
I kept on their case and they told me that they're sorry but I will  have to wait for the next update that might address these problems. MIGHT?!

Spark2, again in logic pro x. Useless. Continuously crashes logic when doing simple tasks like changing kits on the fly! I guess it's not useless if you don't mind reopening logic every 10 minutes.
Also spark doesn't change patterns on cue, sometimes playing through a pattern 3 times before changing the pattern waiting in line. Another great concept but a complete failure in logic pro x.

If the plugins do not work in lpx why sell them as compatible?

I'll tell you why! Because we are the paying beta testers. And arturia are getting away with it.

I have all the arturia synths. If I have one of the synths open in logic and I simply go to change instruments and the arturia plugin is open, as logic tries to close the arturia plugin and open a new plugin in its place
logic will crash!

I'm seriously thinking of making a youtube video to highlight these problems for people so they don't waste their money and have to endure the wasted days trying to get this shit to work and the wasted emails to arturia
and most of all the mind bending frustration that these products are legally being sold as compatible with logic pro x.
Macbook pro 2.4GHz i7. OS 10.9.5 , RME ucx fireface, Logic x, Live9.

Dav1d

Re: ARTURIA PRODUCTS USELESS IN LOGIC PRO X
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 09:12:32 am »
Is it possible to have the log of this Logic X crash?
You can reply to your support ticket if you prefer.
 :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines