March 29, 2024, 12:54:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep sync issues  (Read 1966 times)

phormz

Beatstep sync issues
« on: July 28, 2014, 11:58:02 am »
Okay, so I bought Beatstep to function as an additional analogue sequencer for my modular using Gate/CV. Everything in my studio is clocked together via the Mac with Logic Pro X and Expert Sleepers Silent Way plugins and hardware. This setup works perfectly for everything else I have.

However, with Beatstep the midi sync is waaaaay off and sounds something like a train crash!  :o
I have to bring it into line by triggering different sequencer resolution settings like toggling 1/4 and 1/8th notes ...and even then it's entirely dependent on my timing of hitting the pads. I can get it pretty much spot on within 3 or 4 attempts, but it'll only stay in sync as long as it's left playing. As soon as the sequence is stopped and started again, I have to do it all again ...and due to being dependent on my hand's timing, will obviously sound slightly different than the last time I played it.

This sucks BIGTIME !!

I do realise that Beatstep is a comparatively inexpensive device, but the features it does have should at least work. I'd say that the capability of syncing with other gear (for a sequencing device) is nothing short of essential. Beatstep is potentially a fantastic unit and makes sense in so many ways, but currently the lack of basic functionality renders it almost useless. I'd rather pay more money for something that works.

Pleeeeeeease sort this out Arturia !!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines