March 29, 2024, 11:50:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Selecting root note from knobs  (Read 4206 times)

nolongerhuman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Selecting root note from knobs
« on: June 24, 2014, 08:35:04 am »
I seem incapable of understanding this...

I can use the MIDI control software to set the note for a pad, but even when using the transpose, and selecting a scale, the knobs still always start at C. If I use the default transpose set to +2, or -2, should the knobs not start at D, or B? Then allowing me to use another root note in minor, or whatever scale is selected?

This is the one thing, that without physically being able to see the notes on the unit, makes it kind of impossible to use for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Lofvberg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Swedish Hotsynth Quintet
Re: Selecting root note from knobs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 02:03:18 pm »
Hi!
Transpose setting is only in effect while the sequence is playing, unfortunately.

Check out this thread where we discussed this: (/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82696.0)

Regards!
Kandidat Löfvberg
Member of Swedish Hotsynth Quintet
http://soundcloud.com/shotq

alandiaco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:29:02 pm »
That's insanely impractical =(

nolongerhuman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 06:36:31 pm »
That's severely handicapping, I checked the thread, and it looked like the same basic issue...the op was trying to transpose lower by an octave for basslines, I am trying to transpose for a different root note for a scale, but the concept should be the same. Sigh. I love this thing, but it is really, really, beyond me why Arturia wouldn't have worked this stuff out before releasing it. I very, very much feel like a beta tester - these aren't small problems, they are large, basic functions of *any* sequencer.

alandiaco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 08:33:40 pm »
Indeed, this looks more like a beta than a proper release. Why would Arturia decide to release a product that has functions which you can see but clearly don't work is beyond me. I'm still awed at how they released the BeatStep with the "Knob Acceleration" setting doing nothing at all... and they still haven't solved that issue which seems pretty basic to me...

mantrak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 11:39:41 am »
Agree. AS implemented, key transpose is unusable. Cannot comprehend that there is no practical way to transpose sequence while playing. Using Shift-BigKnob is not usable live. Hope for software patch real soon.

mantrak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines