March 28, 2024, 11:36:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unbelievably bad customer service  (Read 8542 times)

cheesedetective

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Unbelievably bad customer service
« on: August 09, 2014, 08:41:13 pm »
It's my first post on this forum and unfortunately a negative one. I own an Origin desktop and one of the rotary knobs does;t work anymore. I've asked what it would cost to fix it and have recieved a mail from an employee saying they are prepared to fix it. Then he needed a proof of purchase. I do not have this anymore so several emails later he agreed to fix it, quoted the price and asked if I could send my phone number. Since then, and this is 2 or 3 months ago I have send several mails asking for a RMA number but now he is no longer replying. I will try and contact them about this an fit could be that David doesn't work there anymore. Has anyone else had any luck having something repaired?

Nick
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:57:41 am by cheesedetective »

ASch

Re: Unbelievably bad customer service
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 09:14:27 pm »
If you read around in the Origin forums, you'll see this is a common experience.  Arturia's customer service stinks!  Perseverance does seem to pay off, but they'll make you work for it!

Good luck!

>:(

Andreas

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 11:52:47 pm »
Sorry to hear, but I had exatcly similar case with my Origin: first they responded and everything seemed to be going well. Suddenly they simply stopped handling the case and never responded to my emails. Very frustrating. This company is so good at making people feel bad... How many times I've read people saying that "they will never buy any Arturia product again".

cheesedetective

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 10:46:06 am »
Small update. I have since recieved a reply from Arturia. It has taken me many months to get a reply. I apologise for mentioning names in my previous post but I hope that Arturia understands the frustration some people have with the company having bought equipment that has never been "completed" and that is difficult to repair if it malfunctions (which apparantly happens quite a lot).

OlDirtyPastor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Www.soundcloud.com/freelovefla
    • Www.facebook.com/freeloveassociation
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 07:03:27 pm »
Consider yourself LUCKY! I'm in the same boat, i've been given the run around for the better part of a year. This is what Arturia's staff does... You send them an email, they respond, weeks if not months later. The ask you to "confirm your coordinates", you send them a response telling you where you're at, then another month goes by and they tell you to ship your thousand dollar piece of hardware off to some address. In my case I simply asked them before sending my unit off what their repair policy was and if there would be any sort of communication/confirmation while my Origin was out there being repaired, and you know what their response was? NOTHING! I haven't heard back from them since... This has been a nearly year long battle and I've gotten nowhere with them. I am absolutely furious. As a costumer who spent thousands of dollars on what I thought was their flagship synth, i've been treated (we've been treated) like absolute shit. There isn't any excuse for this, it's beyond pathetic. We're being taken advantage of, plain and simple.

So if anyone is listening at Arturia, i'm waiting...
My love doesn't cost a thing -
Www.soundcloud.com/freelovefla

Stick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • iMac Air|Ensemble|BeatStep|Gaia|Logic X|8-12's|SE
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 05:10:09 pm »

It's unfortunate that reputable companies like Mg, Roland, etc. signed up with arturia.
Now we have to suffer downtime because of arturia's terrible service.

I had issues from early 2014 that they left unresolved! I came back because of their $165 offer for new V collection and website thinking they had cleaned up their act... boy was I wrong!

Are they now also censoring my posts? :o   Getting: "Note: This message is awaiting approval by a moderator." 
Still waiting for apporval...
iMac| Mac Air|Ensemble|BeatStep|Gaia|Logic X|8-12's|SE

PB

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 01:44:15 pm »
The 6th of October 2014 my Origin didn't boot anymore ... the 7th I wrote Arturia's tech support and opened a case.
Being a patient man I waited till 19th and then made a second try writing a second message ... still no reaction. I had to go through sales support and suddenly things moved on (I believed).

To keep a very long story short ... today the 15th of Jan 2015 (more than 4 months later) I'm still waiting for Arturia to repair my synth.
Arturias Service Partner sent the synth months ago to Arturia. After 3 month I called the guy from Arturias Service Partner and asked about my synth. He couldn't help. I wrote Arturia.
I even wrote Arturias CEO 3 weeks ago ... No reaction. No explanation, no apologies, no offer for an alternative ... simply nothing.

I never heard about a professional that had to wait more than 4 months to get a 3 year old synth fixed. Do the guys at Arturia believe that in a productive studio environment anyone could afford such behaviour ? Anyway ... Trying to keep calm and be polite: I also would call this an Unbelievably bad customer service

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 12:01:05 am »
Sorry to hear about your experience PB and others.

last month Philippe posted these documents. The service tech notes might be of help - there is a diagnostic routine their service people have used that includes boot problems (under service tech notes)

- schematics:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-1e9zXr5JIlVl9fQjM3SGRkMms&authuser=0

- service tech notes:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-1e9zXr5JIlTjI4Mm9ldm9HYmc&authuser=0

KleinerM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Unbelievably bad customer service
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 11:03:02 am »
It blows me away how many problems people have with their equipment. I never have these stick or head problems where I feel that I need to contact a customer service to replace sticks or heads. Ive Never had to contact a customer service period. Maybe Im just too easily pleased.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines