March 28, 2024, 12:32:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature suggestions / wishlist  (Read 16043 times)

jessdub1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Feature suggestions / wishlist
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2014, 05:04:52 pm »
TEMPO CONTROLLLLLSSSS!!!!

Tap tempo and absolute entry of tempo for the step sequencer. You could use 1-9 plus 10 as a zero to put in absolute tempos to sync it without it being tied to a computer (think elektron machines). Tap tempo with fine control would work too, but more often than not I am working in absolutes so if I want my sequence to be exactly 120 I could hold shift and press pads 1,2,10 and there you have it.

von haulshoven

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 06:59:40 pm »
skip function!

Lofvberg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Swedish Hotsynth Quintet
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 10:48:31 am »
Hi!
My few cents matches nicely with Sleepykeith:
1. BPM/tempo of sequence saved with each sequence. as of now they all play at whatever the tempo is set to at that moment.
Yes!
2. Sequencer stays in sync when changing number of steps. (PLEASE!)
If you mean that it should not restart the sequence, i totally agree! It should also keep playing when changing time division. It works well with the sequencer direction. For me, this is almost a must for live improvisation. (If you mean losing clock sync it should definitely be fixed!)
3. A way to accurately transpose sequences (something like Shift + Recall + Pads 1-12?) Transposing with the big knob isn't realistic for live performances.
I would also like if the transpose knob obeyed the currently selected scale setting. That would be really nice in live situations.
4. Tap tempo (not detrimental, but would be handy).
I agree!

My other wishes was fulfilled with the update: gate/swing/legato settings directly from the BeatStep.

Regards!
Kandidat Löfvberg
Member of Swedish Hotsynth Quintet
http://soundcloud.com/shotq

pcky

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2014, 03:18:38 pm »
How about an additional pad assignment while pressing the "SHIFT" key?

analogfil

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
change to 12 steps sequencer?
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 06:25:50 pm »
Everybody wants more and I would love to have the things featured here but what about having LESS?
wouldn't be nice if beatsteps can be reduced from 16 to a 12 steps sequencer. Nobody is making rhythms ala "Personal Jesus" anymore??

noCore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • noCore
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 09:40:10 pm »
this is a vital fix - pretty much a useless function the way it behaves now. as stated, this isn't an issue with the sequencer direction - it shouldn't be an issue with sequence length. ???

otherwise... really loving the Beatstep (both of the ones I bought) - great lil tool to get me off the mouse/computer screen.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152134105027181&l=4005067086687007936

2. Sequencer stays in sync when changing number of steps. (PLEASE!)
If you mean that it should not restart the sequence, i totally agree! It should also keep playing when changing time division. It works well with the sequencer direction. For me, this is almost a must for live improvisation. (If you mean losing clock sync it should definitely be fixed!)

Soma T

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 11:02:01 am »
To make this a real drum pad it needs:

MPC/Maschine note repeat

This is pretty crucial. Its also the main reason why I don't use this a drum pad midi controller. I would if it did this.

Also as everyone asks, different step lengths for each sequencer step

loppy101

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 02:56:21 pm »
I'd like to see the ability to nudge or shift the pattern either to the left or right by up to 16 steps, just like you can on a DX200.
When creating a pattern without any drums running, the 'start' of my pattern always seems to end up as step 3 or something...

dhdaniel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2014, 11:36:27 pm »
I'd like to be able to record sequencer steps without using the encoders, like the sequencer on the Microbrute -- use my MB through my DAW to program the thing using the keyboard.

I like the sequencer on the MB a lot, but I can't mute or adjust individual steps once I've programmed it.

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2014, 09:50:58 pm »
The default tempo always seems to be 120bpm when you first switch on. What would be very useful would be the ability to set this default yourself to say 147bpm or whatever. Or save different tempos in each patch? If you are playing live you need to know the tempo is right before you start and without a display this is not possible. I run beatstep midi out via Kenton pro kadi which outputs din sync to a Roland CR8000 with a lovely tempo display -  but I still have to start it and crank up the beatstep speed from cold start before the tempo can be displayed correctly.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines