March 29, 2024, 01:42:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: JP8v Presets not saving in ProTools  (Read 3860 times)

gemo_uk

JP8v Presets not saving in ProTools
« on: August 10, 2014, 06:22:36 pm »

Hello fellow JP8V users.

I've been having a problem with presets / saving sounds on this great-sounding plugin and I wonder whether you can help.

I used to have real issues with the tuning, timing and the Apeggiator of JP8v under PT10, but all of that went away with the AAX version (now on v2.5.5) and PT11 (now on v11.1.2), so all is almost working perfectly now, except... presets. They simply don't recall properly in PT.

Steps to reproduce are simple - open a new or existing PT session, instantiate a JP8v instrument, either adapt the default program/patch or select an existing program/patch and edit it, save the ProTools session and reopen - and lo and behold, there's the Default patch again with the default sound and no trace of the changes made.

This is also true after using either of the save icons in JP8v (the disk icons), so even though I've saved (and even named) the sounds there they still don't recall. The only workaround seems to be to explicitly save the instrument settings into The ProTools session folder (I.e. the generic plugin way, not the Arturia way) and manually go and recall those settings each time the session is loaded. Tedious.

This isn't a problem with ANY of the other available instruments in the V collection, they all behave correctly and just save "the current settings" with the session automatically as they should. Oddly, JP8v does OCCASIONALLY save correctly by itself, but I'd say that's one time in 10.

Has anyone seek seen this? Is there something else I need to do or some strange setting that I'm missing? Do PT sessions save correctly for you guys?

Any help or opinion much appreciated, this is driving me quietly bananas as I love the JP8 and use it a lot, but it's a liability at the moment... if I forget to save the sound explicitly I lose all my changes!

Ta,

Gemo

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: JP8v Presets not saving in ProTools
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:02:28 am »
Hi Gemo_Uk,

This is a bug !
We are very sorry for this.
Thank you very much for your bug report.

.......testing.......

gemo_uk

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 07:09:37 pm »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate your honesty on the bug - I totally understand that these are complex instruments and there are so many platforms it's hard to test them all!

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed in a future patch. If you need someone to test a version at any point I'm very happy to try a beta here if that would help.

Thanks for the great instruments.

Gemo

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 08:45:05 am »
Hi Gemo,

Check your PM.
.......testing.......

Clemme

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:45:27 am »
I also see this bug - if you are working on a fix, I would be happy to help test the new version. I'm on Pro Tools 11HD.

Have you talked to your talkbox today?

Ingo Weidner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 01:58:34 pm »
I just checked with the 64-bit AAX plugin of the latest update 2.6.0.400 in Pro Tools 11.2.1 (at Windows 7 64-bit). Saving and re-loading patches with the project seems to work properly there.
Windows 7 64-bit SP1 / Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4 x 2.4 GHz) / Cubase 7.5.30, Live 9.1.6, Studio One 2.6.4, Reaper 4.75, Pro Tools 11.2.1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines