March 28, 2024, 10:16:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What exactly are the "MIDI connections in your DAW MIDI settings"?  (Read 2519 times)

Major Kong

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I am running the SparkLE controller and Spark2 software with Numerology on Mac. Whenever I open the plug-in I get a warning that reads:

"In order for the Spark controller to work correctly with Spark used in plug-in mode, it is nexessary to turn off some MIDI connections in your DAW MIDI settings. Please refer to the User's Manual for more information".

I have read the manual but I am not sure what it is that I should be looking for or why I am being warned by the plugin.

Is this warning about the two private MIDI ports that Spark2 software has and that I should make sure that I do not use them? Or is there something else that I should be aware of?

I just want to make sure that I have set up Numerology correctly, before I click the "Don't show this message again" check-box.

Art vandelay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: What exactly are the "MIDI connections in your DAW MIDI settings"?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 06:41:23 pm »
Yes, you need to disable the private midi ports Spark uses in Numerology. Only then, Spark will be able to communicate with the SparkLE controller.

Major Kong

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: What exactly are the "MIDI connections in your DAW MIDI settings"?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 12:54:23 pm »
The odd thing is that there are no settings (that I have found) for disabling MIDI ports in Numerology. Furthermore does the controller work just fine - the only thing is the annoying warning. I guess I could just tick that box that removes the warning but the reason I posted here was that I wanted to make sure that I was not doing anything stupid.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines