March 28, 2024, 01:37:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: keylab with cubase  (Read 5910 times)

mesoxoriths

keylab with cubase
« on: August 13, 2014, 03:27:03 pm »
Hello Arturians,
Can somebody inform me if i can use my keylab 49 with the programme cubase 7 elements without having any problem?
thanks

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
Re: keylab with cubase
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 03:09:49 am »
I'm using mine with Cubase 7.5 without issues, it's just a midi controller so you can use it with any DAW :)

universallifeenergy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:43:20 am »
hello could you tell me how did you configurate the transports buttons (MCC)  to work with cubase?? Many tnx

Jacas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 01:13:32 pm »
Click on Transport > Project Synchronization Setup... > Machine Control Input > MMC Slave Active and then select your Keylab model in MMC Input

Keylab transport buttons should work fine but Loop button. Anyway, I don't like the way that Rewind and Forward buttons work at all. When you press and release these buttons then you will have to press Stop. Cubase doesn't work so when you click on Rewind and Forward. The right way would be those buttons worked only while they were pressed. I think this behaviour or mode is called Control Duration in the Keylab Manual but you cannot modify the MMC buttons mode. So I'm trying to modify it through Cubase unsuccessfully at the moment.

Any idea?

The other way would be those transport buttons worked in Control mode and they sent CCs just like Loop or switch buttons then you could assign them a different mode, for example Control Duration. In my opinion that isn't the right way at least for Rewind and Forward transport buttons.

Jacas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 01:21:22 pm »
I'm trying to setup my KL88 to control Cubase 8 Pro as Generic Device and I'm having several problems:

* Switches in 'Duration Control' mode aren't working while they are pressed like the Keylab manual says. I've tried several Cubase destinations like next measure, next preset and so on unsuccessfully.

* Knobs P1-P8 are not working fine in Relative mode when I assign them to VST Quick Controls. They have a 'jumping' behaviour: min, med and max values. I have assigned P1-P8 the Receive and Relative flags. I think it's the right setup because the Param/Category Encoder is working fine like jog wheel with the same settings

Any idea?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines