March 29, 2024, 02:37:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pizzicat preset drowned in reverb!  (Read 4733 times)

Amalgamoth

Pizzicat preset drowned in reverb!
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:30:59 pm »
Hi there,
I really like the Pizzicat preset from the Jupiter-8V plug-in. To me it sounds both mystical and creepy and I'd like to use it for something. However, in default setting I find it has way too much reverb. One single touch on a key makes a note ring on endlessly, until it almost drowns into the background. I tried to decrease this reverb with the fader and rotary knobs, but to no avail. They altered the basic sound of this preset, but not the reverb. Where should I precisely look to make this sound less extreme?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Pizzicat preset drowned in reverb!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:36:30 pm »
Hi just open the jupiter 8v in the studio view,when the jupiter 8v plugin opens go to effects click on the reverb and use the hf damp to bring down some for the verb.
or just import my edited version if you don't have the plugin.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Amalgamoth

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:48:30 pm »
Hi just open the jupiter 8v in the studio view,when the jupiter 8v plugin opens go to effects click on the reverb and use the hf damp to bring down some for the verb.

Thanks for the tip Terrym. However, when in Studio mode in Analog Lab I can't seem to locate an Effects section, apart from the effects from the knobs and sliders, none of which direct me specifically to settings for reverb and hf damp (at least not where jupiter 8v is concerned). I'm at a loss here! Is reverb adjustment only possible in the stand-alone package for j-8v, or can I also find this in Analog Lab?

(I imported your edited pizzicat version (thanks for that) but it is on the very opposite side of the spectrum. I'm looking for something that is not too reverby but not too dry either.)

Amalgamoth

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 11:37:36 pm »
Okay, so when I'm opening the preferences tab (PREF) I see all 9 plug-ins are marked as "(internal)"
and all of them have boxes marked as "Editable" in grey. So I assume that I can not modify the reverb unless the plug-ins are in fact editable. So this is not possible in Analog Lab?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines