March 28, 2024, 08:41:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 - All keys NOT working  (Read 4890 times)

Filippo

Keylab 49 - All keys NOT working
« on: May 25, 2014, 04:04:07 pm »
All knobs, faders and pads are working, but no key of the keybard sends notes. I can't play anything. I've tested MIDI signals received by my Mac with Midi Monitor, and I've made a compare with an Akai MPK mini: Midi Monitor receives keyboard notes from akai but not from Arturia.

Arturia Keylab 49 (bought yesterday), fimware updated to 1.33 (same problems before firmware update).
Mac OSX 10.6.8

marduk

Re: Keylab 49 - All keys NOT working
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 06:21:01 pm »
no key of the keybard sends notes in my Keylab 25 too.

Arturia sucks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 11:47:54 pm »
Did you guys ever get help regarding this?

I'm having the same problem. Would really be nice to have some customer support.

bobby555

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 05:41:54 am »
Well, I'll try to help but I'm no expert. I have however gone thru what you are having.
Is the midi light showing (above sync in MCC) when you press a key?
Does the program find your keylab and display it?
You are using mac OS where I am using win7 but these tips may help.
I had to take asio4all completely off my comp before the keylab light would stay on in MCC and analogue lab. You may have a similar problem.
I then got wasapi to work with my DAWs and AL did not bomb out provided I switched them on in a certain order.
It took me 8 weeks to find the problems. Mainly with windows and not the KL. Now that it works, it's a load of fun. I just have to find out how I can use it in my music.
Keep at it is all I can suggest. It will work. Arturia have been helpful to me but it seems not the case with everyone. I wonder why.
Baz ps Is the midi light(above sync) showing when you press a key? ( MCC)

Arturia sucks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 06:57:58 am »
Nope, no midi recognition with the keys. Pads and everything else work like a charm. It makes no sense. My computer recognizes the unit, the arturia software recognizes it, and even works... FOR THE PADS and faders, knobs... everything BUT the keybed.

Thanks for your suggestions.  8)

Arturia sucks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 07:34:48 am »
So, after talking to sweetwater tech support, we decided to try and replace the broken unit with another one. Thanks Sweetwater! These guys really are the best. Unfortunately, when it arrived, half of the metal things on the keys (aftertouch maybe?) were flopping around inside the box... I plugged it in anyway and it worked, except for the top octave. Then I (stupidly) updated the firmware. Then nothing worked.

I went back to my email from arturia and decided to open up the other (not physically damaged one) whose keys didn't work to see if there was an obvious error from the factory.

THE CABLE CONNECTING THE KEYBED WAS NOT PLUGGED INTO THE MOTHERBOARD (face palm)

Plugged it in, put the case together, turned it. It works like a charm.

So basically, thanks Sweetwater, and (sort of) thanks Arturia! You helped me decide to open it and see the fatal error. By the way, your factory in china is terrible at putting things together.

This will probably be my last post here. Hope everyone gets their problems sorted.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines